Job description / Role
The Demi Chef de Partie will work closely with Chef de Partie but is also able to run a section of the kitchen on his/her own while ensuring that it runs according to performance standards established by the Executive Chef according to the Kempinski procedures and standards.
Kempinski Hotel and Residences Palm Jumeirah
Kempinski Hotel and Residences Palm Jumeirah is located on the Palm, one of Dubai's most sought-after areas, a stay here means being immersed in luxury. It offers 244 luxurious suites, villas and penthouses, situated on five sprawling acres of territory. It combines five Food and Beverage outlets, the Parisian-inspired Cinq Mondes Spa, and private beach.
- Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintains a high level of food quality as per Culinary standards, whilst following Menus, Recipe formats and directions as outlined.
- Organize and set up the assigned section of the satellite kitchen as efficiently as possible to increase speed and maximize productivity.
- Ensure that all dishes from that section are prepared consistently and accordingly to standard recipes.
- Sets an example to his/her Commis Chefs through his/her passionate and practical approach. Remains visible in the assigned section and assists team members in all aspects of the operation.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Progressive experience of 2 - 3 years within a 4 or 5 Star Hotel environment, preferably 1 - 2 years of experience in similar position
- Strong a la carte background is highly preferred
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realise their full potential.
Embrace an experience as individual as you are!
About the Company
The Kempinski name is proudly borne by a growing collection of distinguished properties around the world. As Europe's oldest luxury hotel group, we are committed to providing our guests with memorable journeys inspired by exquisite European flair. We believe life should be lived with style.
Each year, an increasing number of guests come to appreciate these qualities, as Kempinski adds new, exciting destinations in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and The Americas. While this growth reflects the strength and success of the Kempinski brand, the collection will remain a limited one, where exclusivity can be nurtured and individuality can flourish.
We believe that our prestigious, European heritage puts Kempinski in a unique position to satisfy the expectations of the stylish and discerning traveller. It's not just to simply provide a hotel bed and a meal, at Kempinski it's all about bringing a story to life.
Since 1897, our employees have been a part of creating history around the world. From historic buildings to the most avant-garde of modern architecture, our properties are the setting for some of life's greatest moments. We've witnessed historic meetings between world leaders, celebrities taking sanctuary in the world of privacy we create for them, and created incredible memories for guests on a 'once-in-a-lifetime' journey.
We are wholeheartedly committed to providing perfection for our guests at every moment and in every way. Perhaps it's something as life-changing as a wedding celebration, where our attention to detail and perfect service mean that your special day goes without a hitch. Or perhaps it's as simple as the note left on your pillow at night, which thoughtfully lets you know the weather tomorrow so you know how to dress in the morning. At Kempinski, we are each personally responsible for creating rich and meaningful experiences for our guests.