Job description / Role
Every memorable dining experience at Fairmont Hotels and Resorts begins behind the scenes with our Culinary team’s commitment to safe, efficient operations and exceptional cuisine. The care and quality you devote to food preparation as Demi Chef de Partie will result in truly spectacular fare that delights our guests.
Ideally situated on the Arabian Gulf in Ajman, UAE, the Fairmont Ajman has opened in May 2015. The hotel close proximity to both Sharjah and Dubai airports. The hotel features 252 guestrooms and suites, including two luxurious penthouse offerings, a multitude of dining options and fitness facilities. The beachfront location offers guests a wide range of leisure activities including water sports and diving as well as access to shopping and cultural excursions. Event planners can take advantage of 2,000 square meters of indoor function space as well as outdoor facilities.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Chef de Cuisine, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Strive to exceed guest expectation and take the culinary team going from good to great.
• Always act in a professional manner using the company’s Mission, Vision and Values.
• Attend daily shift briefings to kitchen colleagues
• Promote a Fun/ Professional and Disciplined work environment
• Lead by example using Fairmont’s: Mission, Vision & Values
• Support/Coach/Lead & Motivate kitchen colleagues
• Actively share ideas, opinions & suggestions in daily shift briefings
• Ensure storeroom requisitions are accurate to minimize repeat visits
• Perform tasks to the standards & expectations set forth
• Promote Health and Safety at all times
• Ensure proper hygiene as per Ajman Food control Authority
• Complete all grooming, spot check and temperature control sheets as required
• Maintain cleanliness and proper rotation of product in all chillers
• Minimize wastage/ spoilage
• Communicate daily with supervisors to ensure open lines of communication
• Complete assigned tasks in a efficient and timely manner
• Participate in monthly Culinary Communication meetings to address colleague challenges
• Strives to improve J.D.P results for Food Quality
• Act as an extension of kitchen managers to communicate food consistency & quality
• Daily checks of all mis en place to ensure freshness & quality standards
• Strive to develop as a leader by attending Fairmont Managerial Courses when offered
• Assign and follow – up tasks as dictated by business volumes and supervisors
• Actively seek tools for self growth and development
• Performs any other reasonable duties as required by the department head.
• Previous experience in the Culinary field required
• Journeyman’s papers or international equivalent required
• Diploma Certification in a Culinary discipline preferred
• Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications an asset
• Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
• Highly responsible & reliable
• Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
• Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
• Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
• Constant standing and walking throughout shift
• Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
• Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
• Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Ajman. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation.
About the Company
We are thrilled to embark on an exciting new chapter as Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, and our unrivaled collection of iconic hotels including Fairmont San Francisco, Fairmont The Norfolk, Nairobi, Fairmont Banff Springs, London's The Savoy and the Fairmont Peace Hotel in Shanghai, join AccorHotels Group, one of the world's largest global hotel companies. Together, as a global community of hospitality leaders, we remain committed to cultivating a culture in which our colleagues are encouraged to realize their full potential through rewarding experiences and development opportunities. This exciting growth translates into opportunities, not just to better meet the needs of our guests, but opportunities for you to grow your career within our incredible brands around the world!
With our distinctive hotels around the world - and more in development - our global hospitality brand is renowned for its warm, engaging service and unique, culturally rich experiences. Located in some of the world's most unforgettable destinations, Fairmont's unrivalled collection reflects a sense of heritage, sophistication, and social importance. We are also committed to responsible tourism and are an industry leader in sustainable hotel management with our award-winning Green Partnership Program.
We have a 100 year tradition of delivering excellent service in some of the most iconic properties in the world. Our focus on service begins with selecting talented individuals who embody our Brand Promise: Turning moments into memories for our guests