Job description / Role
The Demi Chef de Partie assists the Chef de Partie to lead, manage and organize all requirements for his respective Kitchen to the highest standards and in accordance to the standard operating procedures as emanated by the Executive Chef. Ensures proper sanitation in the kitchen, adequate stocks of food & beverage, inter – department coordination and training. Carries full responsibility of the operating equipment including its inventory levels.
• Ensures the quality levels of kitchen production and presentation are maintained at its highest level at all times.
• Ensures that all mise- en place is correctly prepared prior to commencing service.
• Participates in the service of any special functions or events organized by the resort.
• Delegates responsibilities to staff and ensures tasks are completed.
• Performs any additional or special duties, as directed by a superior.
• Ensures that all tasks assigned by superiors are completed, in a timely fashion.
• Ensures that channels of communication are respected and information is disseminated to the correct receivers.
• Ensures kitchen, fridges and back areas are thoroughly clean at all times.
• Ensures that a safe, hygienically fit working environment is maintained at all times and reports any concerns or faults immediately.
• Maintains highest levels of personal hygiene and grooming at all times, as per standard.
• Maintain a good relationship with colleagues and communicate effectively and keep others informed
• Attend training session as required for personal development, and fill in personal training logbook.
• To comply with any reasonable request of department management to the best of your ability at all times.
• Diploma in Culinary Arts or a combination of appropriate education and experience.
• Minimum 3 years of culinary experience working with 5-star hotel or a high-profile household.
• Top notch knowledge of specialty dishes
• Knowledge of international and local cuisine and different cooking techniques.
• Operating 5-star kitchen equipment, cooking tools and devices.
• Ability to communicate in English
• Ability to cook food for large and formal parties/ events.
• Superior organizing and prioritizing skills – ability to deliver in time constraint situations.
• Highly innovative presentation skills Strong training skills and the ability to coach, train and manage staff
• High Degree of Integrity Dedicated, Creative, Innovative and determined
• Courteous and well-mannered
• Attentions to finest details
• Quality and Safety Conscience Highly motivated, extremely well organized, result oriented and thrive under pressure
About the Company
WFC Holding was born out of a market need for specialist shared services support functions in the UAE.
WFC Holding has rapidly expanded its service offering, capability, and client base to become an integrated business process outsourcing company.