Job description / Role
Every memorable dining experience at Fairmont Hotels and Resorts begins behind the scenes with our culinary team's commitment to safe, efficient operations and exceptional cuisine. The care and quality you devote to food preparation as Demi Chef de Partie will result in truly spectacular fare that delights our guests.
What is in it for you:
- Accommodation and meals provided
- Transportation to & from the hotel
- Medical & Life Insurance
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
Reporting to the Chef De Partie, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Strive to exceed guest expectation and take the culinary team going from good to great.
- Always act in a professional manner using the company's Mission, Vision and Values.
- Attend daily shift briefings to kitchen colleagues
- Promote a Fun/ Professional and Disciplined work environment
- Lead by example using Fairmont's: Mission, Vision & Values
- Support/Coach/Lead & Motivate kitchen colleagues
- Actively share ideas, opinions & suggestions in daily shift briefings
- Ensure storeroom requisitions are accurate to minimize repeat visits
- Perform tasks to the standards & expectations set forth
- Promote Health and Safety at all times
- Ensure proper hygiene as per Ajman Food control Authority
- Complete all grooming, spot check and temperature control sheets as required
- Maintain cleanliness and proper rotation of product in all chillers
- Minimize wastage/spoilage
- Communicate daily with supervisors to ensure open lines of communication
- Complete assigned tasks in an efficient and timely manner
- Participate in monthly Culinary Communication meetings to address colleague challenges
- Strives to improve J.D.P results for Food Quality
- Act as an extension of kitchen managers to communicate food consistency & quality
- Daily checks of all mis en place to ensure freshness & quality standards
- Strive to develop as a leader by attending Fairmont Managerial Courses when offered
- Assign and follow-up tasks as dictated by business volumes and supervisors
- Actively seek tools for self-growth and development
- Performs any other reasonable duties as required by the department head.
Your experience and skills include:
- Previous experience in the Culinary field required
- Journeyman's papers or international equivalent required
- Diploma/Certification in a Culinary discipline preferred
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Your team and working environment:
- Be a part of our multicultural team.
- Enjoy nature as our location provides majestic mountains in the northern Fujairah.
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in the United Arab Emirates. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor.
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.