Job description / Role
A surprising, chic merging of Asian style with an Egyptian aesthetic, Raffles Dubai is a 5-star luxury hotel perfectly positioned in the heart of the city , delivering impeccable service and sophisticated style.
- Control the section for which responsible. Ensure the smooth running of the section and see that all areas and section maintain the Raffles Dubai Standard. Cook any food on a daily basis according to business requirements.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name badges at all times
- Organize together with de Chef de Partie the shift on his/her section with regards to mise-en-place production and its service.
- Take orders from his/her Chef de Partie and carry them out in the correct manner.
- Together with his/her Chef de Partie to write daily wine, dry store, food requisitions and kitchen transfers on the appropriate forms for the approval of the Executive Chef / Chef de Cuisine in order to achieve the high stock rotation desired in the section.
- Maintain good employee relations and motivate colleagues.
- Work to the specifications received by the Chef de Partie regarding portion size, quantity and quality as laid down in the recipe index.
- Responsible for completing the daily checklist regarding mise-en-place and food storage.
- Attend daily and monthly meetings with the Chef de cuisine and other meetings as requested by the Executive Chef / Chef de Cuisine.
- Report any problems regarding failure of machinery and small equipment to the Chef de cuisine and to follow up and ensure the necessary work has been carried out.
- Check the main information board regarding changes in any Banquets or other information re the organization.
- Keep the section clean and tidy.
- Pass all information to next shift.
- Accidents and sickness to be written in logbook and report to the Executive Chef / Chef de Cuisine.
- Check Commis Chefs on his/her section: e.g. regarding personal hygiene.
- Assist the Chef de cuisine in composing new recipes and menu ideas.
- Have a complete understanding of and adhere to the company's policy relating to fire, hygiene and safety
- Other tasks and responsibilities of a broadly comparable nature may be added on a temporary or permanent basis as appropriate.
Your experience and skills include:
- Average reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
- Good communication and customer contact skills.
- Team Player
- Minimum 1-year food and beverage serving experience.
Raffles Dubai Sheikh Rashid Road, Wafi121800 Dubai, United Arab Emirates
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.