Job description / Role
- To have a full working knowledge and capability to supervise, correct and demonstrate all duties and tasks in the assigned Place of Work to the standard set. Please note that Master Task Lists are reviewed and changed on a regular bases reflecting change in trends, guest expectations and operating philosophies.
- To be entirely flexible and adapt to rotate within the different sub-departments of the Kitchen or any other Department of the hotel as assigned and be able to perform all duties and tasks as per Master Task List for that Department.
- To be fully conversant with all the services and facilities offered by the hotel.
- To perform opening and closing procedures established for the Place of Work as assigned.
- To have a thorough understanding and knowledge of all Food & Beverage items in the menu and the ability to recommend Food & Beverage combinations and up sell alternatives.
- To monitor operating supplies and reduce spoilage and wastage.
- To be responsible in guiding the and Commis - Pastry towards their job performance by giving feedback and discuss areas of improvement.
- To be responsible for ensuring daily storeroom requisitions and sufficient supplies during Kitchen operation and are rotated and used in a FIFO system.
- To be able to recognize good quality products and presentation
- To implement a flexible scheduling based on a business patterns.
- To ensure that the par stocks for all operating equipment and kitchen supplies are strictly adhered to and that the outlet is adequately equipped.
- To assure sufficient mis-en-place for the elaboration of the all menu according to recipe manuals.
- To constantly strive for new innovative ideas in menu and new concepts of production and presentation and recommend them for possible implementation.
- To handle guest enquiries in a courteous and efficient manner and report guest complaints or problems to supervisors if no immediate solution can be found and assure follow up with guests.
- To personally and frequently verify that guests in the outlet are receiving the best possible service.
- To be demanding and critical when it comes to service standards.
- To ensure that the outlet team projects a warm, professional and welcome image.
- Level of Education Bachelor / Licence Areas of study Cooking
- 3 to 5 years
Essential and optional requirements:
- UAE experience & 4 or 5 Star Hotel back ground is a must.
- 2 to 5 years of experience for the same position.
- Acknowledged leadership skills.
- Perfect knowledge of HACCP guidelines.
- Specialized in Pastry section.
- Languages: fluent in the national language and English, additional language is a plus.
- Power Point
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.