Job description / Role
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
THALES GROUP AND THALES IN UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Worldwide, our customers rely on our expertise and innovation of 62,000 people in 56 countries across five markets; Aerospace, Space, Transportation, Defence and Security.
We have been present in UAE for over 35 years and with over 300 employees to date and we are growing rapidly. Thales in the UAE is part of our Middle East business that has 1,800 people across Egypt, Iraq, Kuwait, KSA, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar and UAE. Together we delivered technology for the Dubai metro, the longest driverless metro network in the world and a fare collection system that processes up to 250,000 transactions per day. We make UAE a safer place by providing secure electronic payment solutions, cyber security systems and communications as well as security systems for Dubai International Airport and a ir traffic management and navigation systems for Abu Dhabi's airport.
That is why we rely on our people to help us master the most complex environments for our customers, and careers start here.
WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR A DEPLOYMENT OFFICE MANAGER TO JOIN THE THALES TEAM IN DUBAI, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES.
The Deployment Office Manager is in charge of preparing and ensuring consistency of all Deployment processes, templates, Organization and tools across all projects. He is, as well, consolidating all relevant information on all projects and he analyzes it to ensure continuous improvement.
- In contact with all Middle East projects, supporting them on the staffing aspect and workload management.
- Managing the resource profiles in the region, consolidating and reporting the evolution in monthly basis.
- Working with HR on the resource growth: identifying or developing training/ coaching for the Deployment resources.
- Working with Procurement to identify reliable partners for outsources to better support the project in each region.
- Provides reliable inputs to the Bid team to build the offers where Thales Middle East has any Deployment activity.
- Mastering the Deployment tool, its evolution and its implementation on projects.
- Ensures a consistent use of the Deployment tool on the projects
- Verifies that the necessary deployment documents (installation Plan, T&C plan, Deployment strategy, Mobilization plan, OBS, WBS…) are well produced and on time for each project.
- Ensures that the installation plan/ strategy capture all technical/ non-technical requirements.
- Ensures that Risks and Opportunities are well recorded on all projects and consistently managed on project.
- Capitalizes from the projects lessons learnt.
- 5 years of relevant working experience in Installation, Testing and commissioning domains.
- 5 years of PMO/ PM experience.
- Experience on Signaling/Communications systems projects.
- A project experience in the Middle East region is an asset.
- Bachelor's degree in Electronics, Electrical, Mechanical, Telecommunications or other similar Engineering courses.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Proven project management skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to influence key stakeholders
- PMP and/or IPMA Certification are an asset.
Your contributions to Thales' cutting-edge products make possible the continued delivery of excellence and hundreds of millions of satisfied passengers globally. If your skills, experience and attitude match the above and you are looking for exciting challenges, please apply now using the link below and we will be in touch. At Thales in the United Arab Emirates, we provide careers - not jobs.
About the Company
With operations in 50 countries and 68,000 employees, Thales is a world leader in mission-critical information systems for defence and security, aerospace and transportation.
Building on its expertise in the most sophisticated technologies and large-scale software systems, Thales is stepping up to the security challenges of its customers in an increasingly complex world. With its global network of 22,500 high-level researchers, Thales has earned particular recognition for its ability to develop and deploy dual civil and military technologies. Leveraging its international operations and spanning the entire value chain from equipment to systems and services, Thales is playing a pivotal role in making the world a safer place.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Office Manager & EA
Assistant Office Manager / HR Administrator
Irwin & Dow
Administration / HR Officer
A Leading Multi-Disciplinary Planning and Design Firm in UAE