Job description / Role
The ideal candidate will manage day to day finance functions for the company.
• To help determine financial strategy and policy, arranging the appropriate funding and managing financial risks in the organization.
• To ensure Company has the cash and liquidity to meet its obligations, will be involved in securing credit from banks and other sources, tax, HR and compliance matters.
• Managing daily cash balances
• Ensuring that cash flows are adequate to allow business units to operate effectively
• Forecasting cash payments and anticipating challenges arising from limited cash flow
• Maintain banking relationships and negotiating loans and other services for business units
• Maintaining our accounts system
• Preparing and presenting financial reports for meetings and for CEO
• Working with executives and business heads to prepare budgets and track profit / loss
• Performance by business unit and on consolidated basis
• Creating solutions to new financial challenges by applying financial/treasury knowledge
• Liaising with other departments and business units on a range of issues
• Providing advice on financial matters impacting on the company as a whole
• Taking responsibility for, and supervising the work of, more junior members of staff
• Preparing financial reports and submissions to relevant government entities
• Arranging financial audits and reviews as required
• Banking money and cheques received and issuing receipts as requested or needed
• Processing credit card payments received and transferring money from online bank accounts
• Maintaining and transferring money between bank accounts as required
• Payment of invoices and fees as required or otherwise instructed
• Manage payroll for Company
• Complete VAT filings and dealing with matters relating to the FTA
• Recommend and maintain a system of policies and procedures that impose an adequate level of control over Finance Department activities.
• Chartered Accountant with minimum 3 years of experience and preferably 1 year in same role
• Candidates with Property/Real Estate division experience preferred or SME and/or family owned business experience preferred.
• Computer literacy including advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office and experience with standard accounting software packages
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
• Detail oriented and organized
• Strong planning and prioritization abilities
• Fluent English. Arabic proficiency a plus.
• Must maintain confidentiality and discretion in all aspects and be comfortable with flexible
• working schedule to meet the needs of the Company and its executives
About the Company
The Ziad Galadari Group is one of the UAE’s largest and most respected privately owned companies. Strong leadership and sustainable funding has allowed it to grow into one of the largest investment, trading, transporting, engineering, real estate and catering conglomerates in the UAE. With headquarters in Dubai, it now has more diverse operations in industrial and business fields than almost any other similar group in the region.
The family name has been a fixture in the UAE business community since the 1960’s but it has been Ziad Galadari who has developed his group the furthest, currently diversifying into 32 major companies, some of which rank among the largest and most active in the region.
Regional Finance Controller
Manager Accounting and Reporting
Senior Accountant - Receivable and Payable Accounts Experience
De Rigo Vision Middle East FZCO