Job description / Role
The Deputy General Manager, HR Business Partner (HRBP) is responsible for aligning Human Resources strategies with business objectives within Nissan Middle East (NMEF). Working across a broad range of departments including, but not limited to, Marketing, Sales, Finance, Quality and Product you will be responsible for the management and resolution of a broad range of human resource topics.
In conjunction with regional counterparts this will include Talent Management, Talent Acquisition, C&B, Strategic Work Force Planning and Payroll. In collaboration with the NMEF leadership team and employees you will act as a focal point to resolve employee challenges, whilst leading Human Resource initiatives to drive business performance from an HR perspective. The position is also accountable to identify process improvement opportunities to further optimize the effectiveness of the Human Resources function within NMEF.
• Working closely with the Human Resources General Manager to develop and execute key Human Resources strategies within NMEF. This will include the implementation of regional HR projects within NMEF.
• To operate in a leadership capacity for key initiatives aligned with business objectives including employee engagement and development.
• This will include developing or enhancing the concept, conducting supporting analysis, building consensus with key stakeholders and independently project managing to ensure successful execution.
• Operating as a key HR point of contract for employees and managers within all business units.
• Proactively seeking to resolve employee challenges and issues while fostering strong relationships across the business to develop a positive working culture.
• Play an integral role in both Headcount and labor cost planning and ensuring data integrity.
• Accountable for HR system updates (Workday) and data quality with the HR shared service center.
• Management of agency partner to effectively manage outsourced staff.
• Provide direction to offshore payroll center for the administration of compensation and benefits.
• Operating as a key interface between NMEF HR and the Regional HR Shared Service Center.
• Ensuring consistent and engaging representation of the HR function across the business.
• Monitoring and management of Performance indicators.
• Constantly seeking for opportunities to deliver innovative HR initiatives and process improvements.
• Minimum of 10 years Human Resources experience with a least 3 years as an HRBP
• Strong experience within international working environments, preferably within an MNC.
• Prior experience across the HR spectrum including talent acquisition, talent management, SWP and / or C&B.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong analytical skill set.
• Proactive and results orientated
• Expertise in depth across the multiple facets of an HRBP role.
• Proven history of hands on project management.
• Knowledge of UAE labour law.
• Strong Excel, PowerPoint & Word skills
• Prior experience with Workday advantageous but not essential.
About the Company
Nissan's heritage in the Middle East goes way back to 1957, when the first Nissan vehicle was sold in Saudi Arabia. Since then the Nissan Legacy has taken deep roots in the hearts of the Middle East people by becoming an integral part of their lives.
Currently Nissan is one of the most popular and successful automobile brands in the Middle East boasting of a strong line-up ranging from popular passenger cars to powerful 4x4 series and commercial vehicles.
In its quest to closely understand the local needs of its customers, Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. in June, 1994 set up a regional Middle East head quarters in Dubai, thus becoming the first Japanese car manufacturer to accomplish this feat. The Nissan Middle East FZE office houses a highly sophisticated training center which serves as an excellent training ground for undertaking Nissan customer care and service activities.
Today, Nissan Middle East FZE has grown to be one of the major support offices of Nissan Motor Co. Ltd., Japan with its operations covering over 20 countries making it the largest representation in the Middle East amongst all Japanese manufacturers.
Nissan looks confident to embark on its journey to the top and SHIFT_the future in the Middle East.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Human Resources Manager