Job description / Role
Deputy Head of Product Control - leading UAE Bank
Brief on the role:
Reporting to the Head of Product Control this is high profile role to provide support and drive the change agenda for the Global Markets & Treasury business covering key business finance functions including: PL reporting / attribution, Hedge effectiveness testing and financial control activities.
* The job holder is part of the Markets Business Finance team responsible for providing insightful Finance support to the Segment/ Product Heads in the business in key tactical and strategic decision making.
* The job holder will support the Segments/ Products business teams to provide analytics and support decision making and ensuring that Group financial policies and control framework are consistently applied across the segments/ products in GMT business units.
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on any grounds.
* Candidate must be a Chartered / qualified Accountant and have at least 5 years of Product Control / Global Markets Business Finance experience ideally across Credit/Money Markets/Derivatives
* Experience from international banks is preferred
* FRM / CFA preferable
* Experience with core BAU Product Control activities like Reporting, Attribution, Analysis, Upstream and Downstream interfaces is essential
* Understanding of Risk measurement, Account set up and valuation set up is required
* Exposure to hedge accounting / effectiveness assessment testing processes is preferable
* Exposure to IPV activities (like Price testing, valuations adjustments) is preferable
* Exposure to Calypso (Trade capturing / Risk management system) is preferable
* Exposure to Financial / Regulatory reporting activities is preferable
* Project / change management experience is required either across automation, systems implementation, process change/reengineering/optimisation
* Excellent communication and stakeholder management experience with track record in creating value for the business and driving best practice in an international banking environment
About the Company
Established in 1987, McGregor Boyall is a global recruitment consultancy providing permanent and contract / interim professionals across a wide variety of disciplines including Technology, Risk, Finance, Compliance, Legal, Marketing and HR & Talent Management. Since our inception, we have built an unrivalled reputation for helping organisations recruit the very best talent to ensure that they realise their business and operational objectives.
Headquartered in the city of London, and with further offices throughout the UK (Manchester, Birmingham, Edinburgh and Glasgow) as well as globally in Dubai and Singapore, we are able to offer recruitment solutions throughout the UK & Europe, Middle East and Asia Pacific regions.