Job description / Role
Company: A renowned retail group of UAE.
Deputy Manager Infrastructure role is to provide a single point of contact for end users to receive all infrastructure's related support and maintenance within the organization's Software Applications (in person, by telephone, or via remote access) in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user assistance where required. This includes installing, diagnosing, reconfiguring, maintaining, and upgrading all running software applications stack and related equipment to ensure optimal performance.
• Manage and prioritize the design, maintenance, development and evaluation of all infrastructure systems including LAN, WAN, security, server, Internet, intranet, and wireless implementations
• Design and implement short- and long-term strategic plans to ensure infrastructure capacity meets existing and future group requirements
• Effectively monitor, control and support service delivery, ensuring systems, methodologies and procedures are followed
• Conduct feasibility studies for a variety of upgrade projects, improvements and policy
• Prepare RFPs, bid proposals, contracts, scope of work reports, and other documentation for infrastructure projects and associated efforts
• Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for infrastructure administration, service management, IT security and project management
• Participate in the development of IT strategies in collaboration with the group’s executive team
• Define hardware and software standards in conjunction with owners and stakeholders
• Test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports; develop strategies for maintaining network infrastructure
• Test server performance and provide network performance statistics and reports; develop strategies for maintaining server infrastructure
• Conduct research and make recommendations on products, services, protocols, and standards in support of all infrastructure and help desk procurement
• Negotiate with vendors and contractors to secure infrastructure-specific products and services
• Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the group’s executives, decision-makers, stakeholders, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent infrastructure activities
• Manage and provide guidance with the planning and deployment of infrastructure security measures
• Establish operational level agreements (OLA) with application manager
• Ensure & Monitor all IT data & system backup are taken properly and restoration of backup data testing is conducted regularly
• Make sure all support incident are recorded in the Help-desk system and updated accurately online. Secondly, ensure pending work are carried out on a Time bound action program.
• Provide continuous feed back to your division head on matters relating to profiles, data storage systems/backup, system tuning and any other related matter.
• Make sure all software/license legal requirements are maintained and any illegal usage to be brought to notice of management for regularization.
• Ensure that the continuous cross functional training is given to team’s member on all the jobs handled by you.
• Ensure that your passwords as well as any of the systems passwords are not given to anyone else.
• Ensure that unauthorized staffs are not provided access inside the Data Centers.
• Ensure that the Company’s confidential data / information is not provided to any unauthorized staff unless email or written approval is there from HOD/CEO.
• Ensure that none of the computer hardware, software or any data/ information is taken out of the Company at any time without the written permission of the H.O.D.
• Carry out any other job/s entrusted to you by your supervisor from time to time
AED 15,000 to 20,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: Family status plus standard local benefits
• Relevant full-time degree in Information Technology/Engineering.
• At least 3-5 years of experience in a similar role with an overall experience of at least 8-10 years.
• Retail industry experience would be preferable.
• Excellent communication skills.
About the Company
Viva HR Consultants is a fast-growing service provider in the field of Human Resources and Recruitment Outsourcing. Located in Dubai, we provide a wide array of HR Services for businesses and individuals across the world.
We specialize in turning first assignments into successful long-lasting business partnerships. Our vision is to deliver quality products and services to clients across the globe. We take pride in our core values of Integrity and Confidentiality. We are a very customer-centric organization and our entire team works very hard to achieve our primary goal of \"Customer Delight\" which results in our customers and clients coming back to us for more. We also strongly believe in building long-term mutually beneficial business relationships. We never promise what we cannot deliver and we never compromise on quality.
Robinson Faris Jones - Human Resources (RFJ-HR)
Bin Eid Executive Search and Selection
IT Support Engineer - Urgent - Tax Free Salary
IT Project Manager
Systems Middle East (SME)