Job description / Role
Under the general supervision of an Operations Manager, Operations Engineer is a member of Terminal’s operational team fulfilling the liability towards Operations activities with necessary compliance pertaining to the IMS standards through a courteous, helpful, and professional manner. This position provides a highly visual deterrent to terminal’s safety and security as well while adhering to the Quality, Health & environmental standards.
• Adheres to the QHSE Management System of the Terminal that is compliant with OHSAS 18001/2007, ISO 14001/2015, and ISO 9001/2015.
• Daily planning of bulk and drums deliveries.
• Manage tank farm activities, including Shipments, tanker loading/offloading, bulk tanker planning, blending of products, etc.
• Manage Drum filling and warehousing activities including container loading/offloading etc.
• Comply with all the required documentation of operational checklists and reports for Operations Activities
• Maintaining product quality at highest level while delivering to customers.
• Monitor bulk stocks of tanks.
• To enhance improvement in operations activity, propose new procedures to maintain quality and safety of product and operating staff.
• Operations Manager in drum filling planning to ensure shipments are dispatched within optimum time frame.
• Strictly monitor the compliance of all the QHSE standards & follows up in case of non-conformance to ensure that corrective actions are being implemented where necessary.
• Complying with the system of ''Safe Work Permit” & ensuring its implementation.
• Operations Manager in implementation of Job Safety Analysis and simultaneously inspect job site activities with maximum concern towards hazardous areas.
• Coordinate and participate in the investigation of accidents & near misses and thereby suggesting corrective measures for reoccurrence.
• Conducting emergency response exercises and drills at regular intervals to ensure the highest level of preparation in case of any emergency and thereby maintaining records providing recommendations for subsequent improvements.
• Supervises the regular inspection of firefighting facilities, safety and emergency response equipment.
• Assist in developing and implementing field location emergency response procedures and evacuation plans.
• Conduct trainings pertaining to Training Planner for the year.
• Responsible for preparing written weekly and monthly Operations activity reports & HSE reports.
• Degree in Chemical Engineering or Equivalent
• Previous experience in Terminal handling will be an added advantage.
• Knowledge of IMCO class, IMDG codes, ISGOTT standards
• Excellent analytical skills
• Able to be convincing, communicatively strong
• Excellent training skills
• Able to provide detailed reports
• Fluent English speaking and excellent report writing skills
• Qualified in implementation of IMS
About the Company
The year 1995 saw the inception of Petrochem Middle East FZE. We have since transformed the face of the regional petrochemical business and become one of the largest independent chemical distributors in the Middle East.
Petrochem has built one of the most modern, state-of-the-art distribution terminals in Jebel Ali. This facility includes bulk Storage Sea fed tanks, dedicated drum storage facilities, four fully automated drumming lines and a separate dry goods storage area. The terminal adheres to the strictest of health and safety norms and is environment friendly, making sure all operations upkeep the health and safety of its personnel.
We began operating from one office in the Jebel Ali Free Zone, Dubai, but rapid developments and a focused vision have ensured Petrochem’s global expansions. We currently have offices in Dubai, Jebel Ali, Shanghai, Antwerp and London. We also have an office and distribution facilities in Singapore, India and United Arab Emirates.
We are an ISO 9001:2008 company and also have ISO 14001:2004 and OHSAS 18001:2007 accreditations.