Job description / Role
Our Middle East region is currently seeking a talented and experienced Architectural Designer to join our Abu Dhabi and Dubai offices. You would be an integral part of the Lifestyle Flex studio â€“ working to conceptualize and develop project design concepts for mixed-use, residential, hospitality, commercial office building and retail centre projects, according to specifications provided by a Design Director.
What You Will Do
- Formulate design presentation strategies and present design concepts to clients.
- Produce graphic presentations, physical models, 3D renderings and construction drawings.
- Create virtual reality presentations that include 3D walkthroughs of renderings by using Revit and Sketch-up.
- Detail the architectural blueprint and recommend materials necessary for individual assigned projects.
- Coordinate with other design team members (interior designers, graphic designers and consultants to meet project objectives.
- Resolve design problems which includes developing designs to renovate existing spaces and building repositioning.
- Participate in discussions regarding landscape design for mixed-use projects.
- Participate in pre-design tasks, including visioning sessions.
Lead project teams
- Motivate and ensure quality of work; ensure clear communication; understand the skills of the team and wider resources within the office.
- Ensure all work is carried out to the requirements of the client, with the design team working to the correct specifications and delivering a high quality and timely product to the client.
- Involvement in office, regional and sector business development initiatives.
Experience should include the following
- Sketching by hand using pencil, pen, and markers;
- Designing client presentations with embedded videos and animations;
- Producing high quality renderings, site plans, sections, elevations and construction details;
- Coordinating with Structural, MEP (Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing), Lighting, Facade, Acoustics, and AV consultants;
- Developing the schematic design of the core and shell of a building;
- Preparing full Design Development sets in Revit.
About the Company
Gensler is widely recognized as the world's leading collaborative design firm, not just the largest. The ability to work together as an integrated team is part of our DNA, and we've embraced it at every level, from our Co-CEOs to our studios and project teams.
The focus of Gensler leadership is on serving our clients effectively wherever they need our services. Our one-firm firm ethos saves time, cuts costs and delivers innovation. We offer the design industry's deepest bench of expertise, matched with experience gained by working with our clients across the global economy. We bring that broad knowledge to bear on every project and location where we work.