Job description / Role
About the Role:
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP Middle East are currently looking for a Design Director to provide leadership in planning, organising, leading and controlling the project from design perspective for a PMC Theme Park Project.
A typical week would include:
* Overseeing the design process using technical expertise and management skills
* To drive efficiency and rigour in technical delivery by providing cross-programme coordination and technical leadership
* Responsible for driving excellence in health and safety, ensuring that risks are minimised in the design process
* Ensure technical resources are managed effectively
* Ensure design teams adopt and make effective use of standards and practices
* Ensure required quality checking/approval procedures are carried out
* Apply and reinforce standard designs and products across work programmes - rigorously challenge the teams to drive efficiency in our design programmes
* Prepare of Scope of Works documents for each design stage, as part of RFPs and/or contract documentation for external consultants
* Support Client with input to production of brief documents as required
* Contribute to design team progress / quality reporting
* Responsible for design management through the various stages of design and the transition to construction
* Coordinating the input of multiple design parties and ensuring the output meets with the client's expectation
* Have an eye for quality and can take a holistic approach to design management considering multifaceted stakeholder requirements
* Ensure that the project design deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality
* Drive programme and understand the dependencies between design, procurement and construction when delivering large scale fast track projects in a diverse environment
* Maintain and develop a growing relationship with the client based on excellent operational delivery
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Bachelors Degree in Engineering
* Chartered / Professional Engineer or other memberships of Professional Institution
* 15+ years project design management experience on large mixed-use development projects in the Middle East
* Possess 15+ years' experience in delivering fully coordinated, multi-disciplinary Design Management for Project Management and Construction Management on large mixed-use development projects in the capacity of Design Manager or Design Director
* Worked for an international consultancy for around 15-20 years and over 5 years of my experience has been in the Middle East
* Design Management and PMC experience on Theme Parks
* Excellent communication skills
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring.? Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.