Job description / Role
The Design Engineer/Architect is responsible for the management of design aspects of all architectural and engineering design of the assigned projects.
• Prepare design briefs for various projects as required in coordination with everyone involved in the project.
• Prepare project program in alignment with company's business plan.
• Participate in the prequalification process for consultants by providing assessment of their capabilities.
• Prepare RFP's for various projects in coordination with concerned department within the company.
• Prepare technical evaluation of consultant tenders.
• To ensure that the design prepared by the consultants are as per the design briefs and within the cost and quality parameters.
• Monitor Consultant progress and to guide them to achieve the desired result.
• Undertake design review of submitted packages of various stages to make sure that the design and drawings are aligned and meeting the development objectives.
• Evaluate consultant invoices and make recommendations to Management regarding the release of payments.
• Participate in the prequalification of construction contracts.
• Participate in the tender evaluation process by making technical evaluations.
• After award, participate in the shop drawing review process and material approval process to make sure that the project maintains its objectives and quality.
• Participate in the product inspection after completion of construction process.
• Manages the coordination of design staff with responsibility for monitoring and maintaining consistency of technical designs for conflict and clash resolution and providing seamless integration of all trades and preconstruction processes.
• Ensures that the design drawings and technical specifications are in compliance with the company's requirements, reports on variances and recommends approaches to bring the design drawings and documents into compliance.
• Participates and assists in contract negotiations with contractors and consultants as required.
• Monitors and reports all design progress with respect to design pro-forma and guidelines, budget schedule and timeline to the department head.
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of local design and building construction processes.
• To do any additional tasks assigned by the department head or by the Management.
• The ideal candidate should have a Bachelor's Degree in relevant discipline, preferably in Architecture.
• Must have at least 5-7 years of UAE/GCC work experience in Design Review and Management with a leading real estate or property developer for large-scale mixed-use development projects (Residential, commercial, retail, villas, resort, hotel etc.).
Skill Sets Required:
• Results Focused.
• Communication Skills.
• Planning & Organizing.
• Strategic Focus.
• Mentoring & Coaching.
• Decision Making.
About the Company
RAK Properties is one of the leading property development and tourism infrastructure firms in the UAE.
With proven excellence in a wide range of projects including mixed-use community developments, strategically placed retail shops, health spas and hotels, RAK Properties Public Joint Stock Company (PJSC) plays a central role in shaping the lifestyle of residents of the United Arab Emirates.
Founded in 2005 from the vision of His Highness Sheikh Saud Bin Saqr Al Qasimi, Ruler of Ras Al Khaimah, RAK Properties delivers high-quality and professionally managed projects that provides its customers with the highest level of service, while maximizing the value of their investments.
RAK Properties has sound capital of AED 2 Billion. The Initial Public Offering (IPO) of RAK Properties in early 2005 was over subscribed by almost 57 times. In its mission to lead the development of real estate and tourism infrastructure in Ras Al Khaimah. RAK Properties aims to attract foreign investors of repute to launch state of the art projects, including luxurious hotels, resorts and malls. In doing so, RAK Properties serves as a catalyst for a dynamic property market in both Ras Al Khaimah and the wider United Arab Emirates.