Job description / Role
Parsons International Limited
Design Engineer - Landscape Architecture, Abu Dhabi
This project involves PMC services for design management and construction supervision of several infrastructure packages within Saadiyat Island and Sir Bani Yas Island. Landscape packages include NYU Infrastructure and Public Realm improvements, Cultural District Landscaping Phases 2 & Museum Pak, and Cultural District Landscaping Phase 3.
The position entails the candidate to determine aesthetic design and practical technical solutions for landscape designs reviews and prepare comments, provide input on planning of external spaces including hardscapes, softscapes, streetscapes and other related works. Also, provide landscape services support to Parsons construction supervision teams as well as other Consultants. Assist with supervising installation and administration of the landscape contract.
• Review landscape technical design packages and provide comments
• Preparation, design and presentation of high quality landscape concept proposals, drawings and powerpoint presentations
• Preparation of technical design packages through to tender
• Preparation of reports, manuals and guideline documents pertaining to specific landscape issues as required by client
• Provide support to construction supervision team and as a PMC representative, oversee landscape construction services
• Liaise with landscape design Consultants and Contractors
• Coordination with other relevant disciplines such as Engineers, Mechanical and Electrical Engineers, Architects
• Review maintenance plans for completed sites
• Complete additional duties as assigned.
• Bachelors Degree in Landscape Architecture or Engineering.
• With relevant professional qualifications and affiliation to a recognized landscape body in the country of education.
• At least 7 years related work experience in landscape design, contract administration and construction supervision.
• At least 4 years experience in GCC countries, preferably in UAE.
• Proficient in providing complex technical reviews and comments on technical design packages.
• Proficient in streetscapes and hardscape detailing e.g. design and specifications for all external finishes, level changes, walls, minor structures, drainage, water features etc.
• Proficient in softscape detailing e.g. design and specification of all plant materials, planting medium, preparation of the site, contours and grading and control of all horticultural practices for installation works.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Archcorp Architectural Engineering
Assistant Resident Engineer - Electrical (Infrastructure)
|Abu Dhabi||17 Mar|
Qatar Project Management (QPM)
Senior Interior Designer
Resident Engineer - Consultancy
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
|Abu Dhabi||10 Mar|