Job description / Role
The role of the Design Engineer is to support the Design and Project Manager in timely execution of ESS projects throughout the UAE to scope, within budget and on time. The Design Engineer shall represent G4S on site and shall be the focal point for all site matters and issues relating to the design of security systems. He/she will be responsible for maintaining the highest design/installation standards on site, highlighting issues as they occur to the Operations Director and Project Manager.
Responsibilities includes (but not limited to) the following:
• Assist with the takeover from Presales by auditing the materials and quantities in the project cost sheet.
• Responsible for preparation of design and the production of shop drawings and conducting drawing reviews as required he shall also be responsible for all material submittals
• Responsible for preparing detailed implementation designs and workout the required bill of materials as required on site.
• Prepare list of installation materials required at site and provide the same to the Engineer for materials procurement.
• Assist with Test and pre-commission of a system before handover to the client
• Visit site after the job is awarded and assist the Project Engineers in planning the execution of the project.
• Responsible for submitting regular updates as required to the designated Manager.
• Responsible for all matters relating to site Health & Safety and the implementation of regulations and G4S policies.
• Attend to service calls
• Schedule and conduct maintenance visit to the clients
• Provide technical support to sales team as and when required.
• Perform other duties as requested by the Project Manager and Project Engineer.
• An Engineering degree/Diploma holder in Electrical or Electronics or equivalent
• Minimum of 5 years relevant experience with 2-5 years experience as Security Systems Technician in Low Current Security Systems & Networking
• Project execution/commissioning background with an understanding of detailed engineering of various security systems.
• Possess comprehensive knowledge of Security Systems like Access Control, CCTV, Intercom, Gate barrier, Intruder Alarm System, etc
• Good working knowledge of MS office - Word, Excel, Power point, AutoCAD and MS Projects
• Strong English communication, verbal and written
• Ability to work independently
• Can work on shifting schedules and unsocial hours
• With valid UAE driving license
About the Company
G4S UAE is the largest and fastest growing total security solutions provider. This rapidly growing list of products and services, along with the company's global backing, means that we are uniquely placed to provide quality security solutions throughout the United Arab Emirates.
G4S was the first security company in the UAE to start the detailed work to apply for, and achieve, accreditation to ISO 9001:2008. This involved the identification of all key processes and their documentation to form part of the Quality Manual and the Company was awarded the certificate early March 2003. Our Quality Management System is based on functional responsibilities and objectives being clearly defined to support the fundamental management principal that it is the responsibility of every individual in the organisation to deliver quality service to our customers. We are committed to maintaining the Quality Management System. The key strategic objective is to achieve continuous improvement and innovation in all aspects of our business process.