Job description / Role
Our client, a well-known furniture company is currently looking for a Design Head with joinery and furniture experience. This role will be based in their factory located in Sharjah, UAE, and will be a role of leading and managing a team of design detailers/draftsmen and also be responsible for ensuring all shop drawings are ready for production. Other responsibilities may include:
- Following specifications and calculations to create various technical drawings.
- Reviewing shop drawings submitted by other design detailers/draftsmen before they are submitted for production.
- Preparing both rough sketches and detailed work with CAD systems.
- Performing calculations for materials and weight limitations.
- Communicating with designers and engineers, and incorporating knowledge gained into drawings.
- Preparing, reviewing, and redrafting alongside the engineering team.
- Ensuring final designs are compliant with building regulations.
- Identifying and communicating potential design problems to the rest of the team.
To be considered for this role, you need to meet the following criteria:
- A degree or diploma holder
- With at least 2 years of experience in the same role or an assistant manager role at the least
- Must have experience creating shop drawings of loose furniture
- Preferably with joinery and furniture experience
- Willing to work 6 days in a week, from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM; alternative Saturdays
- Open to traveling around UAE, if needed (transportation will be provided by the client)
Disclaimer: Black Pearl will never ask for money or any form to charge our candidates just to process or consider their application for any of our available vacancies. If you happen to receive such a request from any members of our staff or other individuals claiming to be part of Black Pearl, please do call our office.
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.