Job description / Role
WHO WE ARE
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
To fuel the next stage of our growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey of exploring new horizons together.
The job holder of this position is responsible for ensuring that projects' technical requirements are well extracted, properly communicated to the Design team, and well represented in the project programme.
The job holder is also responsible for the quality control of the designing phase output.
- Follow all relevant policies, processes and standard operating procedures so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner
- Provide subject matter expertise in the field
- Supervise the day-to-day operations of team members to ensure that work processes are implemented as designed and in compliance with established standards and procedures
- Receive project assignments Head of Design; study technical requirements in detail
- Participate in business development efforts in a significant role in client presentations
- Carry out daily supervision and coordination of architectural drawings and proposals, ensuring adherence to SLAs
- Prepare any necessary construction method statement and technical proposals to ensure smooth transition of works
- Ensure on-the-job coordination with internal (Projects, Contracts) stakeholders as well as external (Client, Creative) stakeholders
- Ensure concepts are in line with Group Creative and client's requirements, budget and program
- Review and challenge information regarding design, specifications, materials, colour, equipment, estimated costs
- Receive Head of Design approval on architectural drawings and meet with clients to finalize
- Ensure that design intent is maintained through documentation and construction
- Develop and motivate team members to ensure transfer of know-how and continuous positive work environment
- University Degree in Interior Design or in Architecture / LEED GA and PMP certifications are a plus.
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant experience with at least 2 years in similar role.
- Construction Value Management
- Architectural Design
- Decision Making and Critical Thinking
- Construction Engineering and Technology
- Construction Drawing and Specification Management (CDSM)
- Analytical Thinking
- Resource Management
- Accuracy and Attention to Detail
- Stakeholder Management
- Client Relationship Management
- Developing & Engaging Employees
- Demonstrating Strategic Vision
- Business Process Improvement
- Demonstrating Personal Resilience & Adapting to Change
- Demonstrating Customer Centricity
- Technical Business Performance Management
- Understanding & Developing Self
- Driving Results
- Driving Innovation
- Communicating effectively
- Effective Presentations
- Collaborating & Influencing with Respect & Trust
- Being Inclusive
- Business Acumen
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.