Job description / Role
Consulting, MERC - Design Team Lead
Line of Service: Advisory
Management Level: Manager
Job Description & Summary
As part of the ONE Architecture initiative, the Local Activation Hub will be responsible for driving key strategic opportunities for Consulting across the Middle East.
The Activation will support the various Consulting teams to develop the proposals including the development of the Value Proposition, PwC key strengths and other related pursuit stage activities.
The Local Activation Hub (LAH) team will include a creative and design team that will be focused on adding design value to the the proposal development process and marketing content for key "strategic" proposals and clients, including Top 50 clients, and developing insights and tools to facilitate the organization in achieving its business needs.
The Design Team Lead (DTL) is responsible for managing the Design team and overseeing the work process related to report production as well as creative material delivered to clients, in order to enhance or professionalize the look of proposals and material. The role may include managing external creative agencies as and when required.
The DTL is also responsible for leading the concept creation and visualization process, reviews and approves design projects, undertakes the project management of the design, planning, scheduling, allocating resources, and successfully delivers high quality output within preset scope, cost and schedule.
• Manage the Design team and ensure that they produce the required material in a timely manner
• Ensure team's responsibilities are fulfilled to the highest quality and in a cost effective manner
• Ensure any outsourced work is delivered cost effectively
• Interface with LAH team and opportunity owners from across the Consulting business to obtain the brief, understand the LoS client needs and strategy , and to ensure business needs are reflected in design outputs
• Interface with internal staff to present the department services and guide them through the briefing process managing their requests and ensuring their strategy is reflected throughout the entire process
• Collect feedback from internal stakeholders to continuously improve the production output
• Seek opportunities to increase client satisfaction and deepen client relationships through providing creative solutions
• Ensure that the team has the appropriate service offerings in order to meet business needs (e.g. expansion into new services)
• Engage and coordinate with third party agencies to design work in case of under capacity in-house, and where applicable those in the global network
• Manage the vendors and contractors (suppliers, outsourcing parties)
• Ensure that quality standards are as per the norms set and aligned to corporate standards in terms of brand consistency and compliance
• Follow and input into internal corporate creative initiatives
Learning & Growth
• Ensure alignment to Global PwC Branding guidelines and brand identity, in liaison with the Brand Support in ME structure
• Ensure that team has the resources and capabilities to deliver assignments efficiently
• Ensure that all tasks are allocated properly internally amongst the team or if need be outsourced
• Conduct effective team evaluations and submit performance appraisals
• Fine-tune the team's structure, identify the team's development needs, and recruit, whenever required
• Enhance the staff skills, develop their technical knowledge and creative talent through continuous training based on the market's latest trends and needs
• Promote team spirit, open communication, transparency and self-development among team members influencing them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work
• Capture templates and standards into a repository to build the team's own knowledge management database
• Act as a key resource and liaison to other functional areas of the business, building cross-functional relationships as needed
• Establish a healthy working environment for employees
• Subject matter expertise in Graphic Design principles, both in print and web
• Knowledge of best practices and trends in Graphic Design
• Creativity and innovation, and ability to produce new ideas
• Proficiency in use of graphic design software for design of visual materials
• In depth knowledge of latest trends in design and best practices
• In depth familiarity of websites and social media platforms look and feel and web page design
• Knowledge of infographics design
• Strong attention to details
• Strong customer service orientation
• Strong management skills and ability to work under pressure
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Accuracy and attention to quality
• Ability to deliver engaging, informative, well-organized presentations
• Problem resolution skills
• Ability to implement improvements in all areas under his/her responsibility
• Fluency in spoken and written English, proficiency in Arabic is an advantage
Minimum Years Experience Required
• 5+ years of experience in a similar role or in a graphic design function in a marketing department
• 2+ years in managerial position within a leading regional organization
• Experience with graphic design and production of marketing materials for a large organization
• Prior industry experience in the Professional Services market is preferred
• Experience with graphic design of online content and website materials
• Experience in managing production and delivery of third party vendors including printers and branded material producers, editors, photographers, website designers and marketing specialist
• Experience in developing design briefs
• Experience in planning design of a wide variety of material (publications, magazine articles, press releases, editorials, websites, newsletters, posters/signboards, cards, business cards, stationery, invitations, and graphic design on special projects)
• Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design, Advertising, Communication Arts, or Art Direction
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship? Yes
Government Clearance Required? No
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.