Job description / Role
At Gensler, we design for people. We leverage our global perspective and local presence to innovate at every scale. Were not just designers. Were tinkerers, craftspeople, visionaries, innovators and thought leaders. Fueled by passion and entrepreneurial spirit, our people bring new ideas to solve challenging problems. Whether you're into sketching new ideas, hacking a building or growing client relationships in global markets, there's something here for everyone.
Our depth of expertise spans disciplines from workplace strategy and consulting to education, hospitality, retail, technology and more. Whether were refreshing a retailers brand, planning a new urban district or designing a super tall building, we strive to make the everyday places people occupy more inspiring, more resilient and more impactful.
Our Middle East region is currently seeking an experienced Workplace Designer with a strong passion for design. In this position, you will collaborate with our global design leadership on a variety of exciting workplace projects. The role is based across both Dubai and Abu Dhabi offices so could suit someone based in either location.
As a Gensler Senior Workplace Designer, you are passionate about your craft and combine creativity and technical knowledge with business skills and understanding to produce functionally beautiful spaces for clients. You have exceptional design skills, a background in architecture or design, and a portfolio of innovative design concepts. You are an integral member of the design team who itches to contribute a point of view and craves participation in conceptual thought process and design exploration. With you as part of our team, interiors have never been so engaging.
What You Will Do
- Team leader of interior design projects that include programming client needs, conceptual design, schematic design, design development, space planning and construction documentation
- Participate in the selection and presentation of furniture, furniture systems, fabrics, equipment (FF&E), color palettes, and lighting
- Generate finish plans, specifications, and material selections needed for construction
- Provide design support and documentation during completion and execution of design concepts
- Work with external consultants, product representatives, furniture dealers, and fabricators
- Engage in marketing and business development efforts
- Develop space planning concepts and generate program documents
- Leverage yourself beyond project-based focus to address greater office and regional issues
- Continually improve the quality of our work, the manner in which we deliver it and the process we employ to attain it
- Build, nurture and foster new relationships with a broad client base
- Work closely with Design Directors across the firm to promote an inter-disciplinary design approach and philosophy and facilitate its advancement in respective offices and across the firm
- Be an integral part in the growth and success of the workplace Practice Area
- Effectively communicate and implement the key strategic initiatives and become an influential Voice of design
Your Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Interior Design or Architecture
- 10+ years of relevant experience in corporate interiors and interior architecture
- Proficient in AutoCAD, SketchUp, Revit, 3D, Rhino, Grasshopper, and other modeling software programs
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Knowledge of furniture, finishes, materials, color selections, and specifications
- Graphics and visualization skills to effectively communicate design ideas
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong leadership, communication and relationship-management skills
- Skilled in conceptual thinking, experiential design and storytelling in space
- LEED accreditation desirable
Life at Gensler
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions to Well-being Week, our offices reflect our peoples diverse interests.
We encourage every person at Gensler to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability and wellness programs. We also offer profit sharing and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firms commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.
To be considered for this opportunity, you must upload a sample design portfolio to the attachments sections of your application.
Gensler is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from all sections of the community. If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Gensler and need special assistance due to a disability, or accommodation for a disability, please provide details in your application.
About the Company
Gensler is widely recognized as the world's leading collaborative design firm, not just the largest. The ability to work together as an integrated team is part of our DNA, and we've embraced it at every level, from our Co-CEOs to our studios and project teams.
The focus of Gensler leadership is on serving our clients effectively wherever they need our services. Our one-firm firm ethos saves time, cuts costs and delivers innovation. We offer the design industry's deepest bench of expertise, matched with experience gained by working with our clients across the global economy. We bring that broad knowledge to bear on every project and location where we work.