Job description / Role
• Provides first-line support to customers, resolving issues or escalating (to 2nd line support) within the agreed service level agreement
• Address user tickets regarding hardware, software, and networking
• Traveling to the client’s location or connecting via a remote link
• First response for desktop and cabling issues.
• Install and inspect cabling system infrastructure.
• Research and identify solutions to software and hardware issues
• Troubleshoot O365 related issues
• Hands-on experience in networking, routing, and switching
• Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including account setup and network configuration
• Works with servers and telephone systems.
• Refer to internal database or external resources to provide accurate tech solutions
• Ensure all issues are accurately logged
• Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time
• Follow up with clients to ensure their IT systems are fully functional after troubleshooting
• Troubleshoots independently aiming for first time resolution every time, knowing when to escalate when required to ensure consistent work velocity.
• Provides detailed information on steps taken on all escalations.
• Proven work experience as a Technical Support Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer, IT Help Desk Technician or similar role.
• Excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
• Hands-on experience with Windows 7 thru 10, Windows Server and Mac operating systems.
• Knowledge of network security practices
• Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
• Must be confident and socially adept.
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
• Must be a fast and pro-active self-leaner.
• Must have a positive and helpful attitude towards other colleagues and work in general.
• Must be able to handle pressure from time to time and always meet deadlines.
• Ability to travel, work shifts and after hours when necessary
• Must have excellent time management, prioritization, scheduling and organization skills.
• Degree in Electronic and Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
• Hold a valid UAE Driving License
• Certifications in Microsoft, Linux, Fortinet, Cisco or similar technologies is a plus
About the Company
Unified Microsystems is a privately-owned IT Solutions Provider with offices in Dubai, United Arab Emirates and Manila, Philippines. It provides IT solutions for clients in the Middle East, Europe and South East Asia.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
RTC-1 Employment Services