Alpha Group (Alpha Flight Services UAE)
Job description / Role
The role of Development Chef is based at Sharjah, dedicated to allocated account and F & B business and responsible for understanding the culinary needs of their customers and subsequently delivering them, both from a menu development perspective but equally as importantly ensuring our operational kitchens have the knowhow to deliver the menus consistently and to the standards set. In addition, the role will work with Procurement on dedicated category’s to drive range improvement and consolidation to deliver good, better best in each category
• Work with customer and sales/commercial team to understand customer requirements fully
• Develop dishes and products that match customer brief, commercial constraints and development strategy
• Constantly look to innovate and be creative in your development ideas across a wide range of cuisines
• Prepare customer presentations with assistance of development team to meet presentation deadlines
• Lead Menu Presentations to Customers and assist the General Manager with high profile Menu Presentations
• Explain kitchen/production concepts in ‘layman’ terms to customers and chefs
• Lead in-house presentations to unit Chefs on new products and new methods of production
• Work with commercial team on menu specifications post-presentation to ensure accuracy and consistency of data
• Develop plating guides for presentation
• Assist with transitioning presentation dishes into mainstream production
• Review and constantly improve recipes and production methodology
• Input innovative and create ideas to the development strategy
• Support with in-house hospitality for client entertaining – write menus, produce shopping list, produce menu items, liaise with hospitality team
• Champion global food trends in the business
• Work on various projects as directed e.g. new concepts
• Ensure all costs are contained within agreed financial guidelines and maintain and monitor working practices, systems and processes to meet schedules.
• Ensuring that all recipes are communicated effectively and as appropriate provide information to the Commercial department
• Responding positively to cost and production implications of new customer specifications.
• In liaison with Procurement develop core range as allocated to deliver good, better and best in each category.
• Ensure the quality of the raw product is in line with expectations of category and that suppliers are fully aware of requirements
This list is not exhaustive, accountabilities may vary dependent on locality or role complexity and may include any other duties considered reasonable by the line manager.
AED 18,000 to 25,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: Annual Tickets, Family Status, Health Insurance, Salary Insurance
• Degree in Culinary Art or equivalent professional qualification.
• Health and safety and food hygiene certificates / HACCP.
• Minimum Previous experience of 7 years of in a similar position in airline catering, hotels, restaurants or any other food industry field.
• Ability to stay calm when the pressure mounts.
• Strong leadership skills to motivate your brigade of chefs.
• First rate culinary skills.
• Previous experience demonstrating good management and effective co-ordination of a kitchen team.
• Willing to work flexible hours as regular weekends, Holidays and evening work is required.
• Previous product development experience in a manufacturing environment or similar is essential
• This is a customer facing role, so you will need to be good at building rapport and creating long-term business relationships
• You will need to be confident in presenting to a group and taking the lead role
• You must have excellent product presentation skills
• You will need to be enthusiastic with a ‘can do’ attitude to producing a quality product within tight deadlines
• Outstanding understanding of food values and food quality with an understanding of chemical/molecular balances in foods
• It is important that you are able to adapt to meet the customers’ needs whilst still operating within the company constraints
• Able to work at Sharjah, UAE
• You will be expected to keep up to date with food trends via social media, attending food festivals etc.
• Bring your knowledge of modern restaurant/ food concepts and new kitchen technology into the traditional airline catering operations
About the Company
Making Travel Special is about knowing what customers want. We recognise that by serving our customers, we're also serving their customers. That's why we talk about the promises our customers make. In this way, we delight our customers and their passengers, even as we continue to challenge ourselves to become the most admired provider in the world.
We treat customers like they are our guests. And because they expect food to be good and wholesome, we maintain the highest global quality assurance standards. What's more, our teams of experienced, dedicated professionals go the extra mile to provide innovative, efficient and reliable services for every single one of them.
Over the years, we've become a global player. In the coming decades, we'll continue to transform our industry by staying true to our core values.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Junior Sous Chef - Hot Kitchen
Head Chef - Catering
Jr. Sous Chef
Alpha Group (Alpha Flight Services UAE)