Development Engineer - Reliability Maintenance Program
Job description / Role
Acts as an interface between internal departments and external providers; gathers data to evaluate, develop, enhance and manage the entire aircrafts “Reliability Maintenance Programs”; encompasses short/long term program enhancement plans to improve maintenance plans, increase operational dispatch and components reliability of Air Arabia and 3rd Party aircrafts.
Key Result Responsibilities
* Manages the aircrafts “Reliability Maintenance Programs” on day-to-day basis to support the development engineers and maintenance teams (Line, Hangar, MCC) identify options and ways to enhance their corresponding products; this would include data collation, performance review, analysis of requests, management reporting, corrective measures, and necessary modifications.
* Ensures that the aircrafts “Reliability Maintenance Programs” are all regularly assessed, managed, developed and optimized as per operational needs and as per the continuous airworthiness requirements of the regulatory bodies and OEMs.
* Liaisons between Air Arabia and external parties such as OEMs and regulatory bodies on matters related to the continued management and approval of the “Reliability Maintenance Programs”.
* Utilizes data gathered from different sources to conduct technical root-cause analysis decide on the efficiency of all aircrafts “Reliability Maintenance Programs”.
* Analyzes data and technical performance reports and trends, highlights findings and suggests effective solutions and proactive changes to the Reliability Maintenance Programme.
* Works closely with the development engineers on defect analysis and report findings to allow them identify causes of defects and fix problems.
* Generates function-related reports to the management, cross-functional teams, and the regulatory bodies on the aircrafts reliability data. Regularly prepares and communicates necessary related documents, graphs and charts, such as Fleet data, HRS/CYC, Fleet Performance, ATA trend Data, Engine IFS, etc.
Key Result Responsibilities - Continued
* Supports the Head of Engineering in developing procedures, associated with the “Reliability Maintenance Programs”.
* Partners with Manager Training and Standards to follow up on communicating, implementation, and monitoring of corrective measures decided by the management.
* Coordinates “Reliability Maintenance Programs” regular meetings, data flow, communication, and follow up on action with management and other stakeholders such as Engineering Maintenance, Quality Assurance, Flight Operations, etc.
* Assists in preparation for the audit checks and reviews as well in the closure of occurrence reports and audit findings.
* Participates in function-related meetings and events both internally and externally.
Qualifications (Academic, training, languages)
* Bachelor degree in Aircraft Engineering/Aeronautical/Mechanical or equivalent; alternately a higher diploma or certificate in the relating field from a recognized university or engineering college combined with needed experience and exposure.
* Project Management, Control, Compliance, Budgeting and Quality Assurance certificates and trainings are an added value and some may be treated as conditional for this role.
* Capable of using technology systems & tools; proficient in Microsoft suite, MRO systems and Web Search.
* Excellent in written and verbal communication skills: reporting, presentations, etc.
* Fluent in English Language.
* 5+ years’ of collective experience in the Aviation industry; On the Job Training (OJT) or post university time spent at an Airline company as a Trainee or in a similar capacity shall be counted for as part of the experience; experience with Airbus 320 aircrafts is highly desirable.
* Experienced in aircrafts airworthiness programs requirements and regulations, such as CAMO (Continuing Airworthiness Management Organization) requirements.
* Very good understanding of aircrafts planning/maintenance systems and techniques and their relation to the aircraft maintenance program.
* Familiar with rules and regulations of Civil Aviation Authorities, preferably GCAA, pertaining to the Engineering Maintenance, policies, procedures, manuals and licensing.
* Capable of measuring performance against regulations, contracts and SLAs of extreme technical nature.
* Hands on designing, implementing, and monitoring policies, procedures and operating manuals.
* Exposure to Quality Assurance /Safety/Internal & External Audit practices affecting maintenance program.
* A balanced personality with focus and commitment to successful results.
* High accuracy and attention to both results and details.
* Proven skills in analyzing data, identifying pitfalls and recommending solutions.
About the Company
Air Arabia (PJSC), listed on the Dubai Financial Market, is the Middle East and North Africa's first and leading low-cost carrier flying to over 100 destinations across the world. Air Arabia was the first airline to introduce the low-cost carrier concept in the region and is on a mission to serve all Arab countries and beyond, constantly undergoing aggressive route expansion, taking advantage of its ideally located hubs in the United Arab Emirates, Morocco, Egypt and Jordan. Over the past thirteen years, Air Arabia, through continuous market research and customer feedback, provides a range of value added services to millions of passengers who chose to fly with Air Arabia's fleet of A320 aircraft. The airline commenced operations in October 2003 and achieved financial break-even from its very first year of services and has been profitable ever since.