Job description / Role
Duties and Responsibilities
• Work with multiple teams to design, deploy and support large scale clustered software platforms in multiple datacenters and public clouds around the world.
• Integrate diverse technologies in multiple environments to provide monitoring, alerting and reporting of performance and costs.
• Troubleshoot and resolve system outages or performance impact and communicate findings for ongoing improvement.
• Build CI Pipelines for micro services distributed systems.
• Handle efficiently complex system administration tasks.
• Participate in an on-call rotation to handle escalated issues.
• Work with third party hardware and software vendors to recommend solutions and drive performance/cost efficiency.
• Work in an agile operations framework, balancing spring-based work with daily operational needs.
Knowledge and experience
• Experience building orchestration and automation solutions desired (Jenkins, Travis CI, Kubernetes).
• Experience with automating, developing, configuring and deploying instances on AWS/Google Cloud/Rackspace cloud environments and data centers.
• High proficiency with container technologies (Docker)
• Ability to recommend, design, build and support complicated solutions at scale.
• Experience in monitoring logs, system performance, network, DB.
• Good understanding of TCP/IP networking protocols and related technologies.
• Excellent understanding of Network topologies such as LAN, WAN, VPN and Firewalls.
• Knowledge of software version control systems and release management (Git preferred - Bitbucket or GitHub).
• Demonstrated ability to turn design, compliance and support references/content into documentation, presentations and training.
• Eager to learn, able to take guidance and able to understand that there is always more to learn.
• Works well as part of a cross functional team of developers and operations.
• PCI DSS awareness.
• Degree in Computer Science or related field.
• 3+ years’ experience with Linux, including large scale OS deployment and automation.
• 3+ years’ Software Engineering experience, including multiple development languages (Python).
• 2+ experience in private datacenter infrastructure desired.
• 2+ experience with cluster technologies desired (Mesos, Kubernetes preferred).
About the Company
PegB Technology is a multi-national team of mobile payment professionals with over five decades of payments experience across four continents, rolling out the world's most intelligent omni-channel payments platform to empower you, the merchant, to accept all modes of cashless payments. We enable your mobile customers to pay for goods and services using mobile money and other wallets, debit and credit cards, instant EFTs, etc. using mobile apps and/or USSD and SMS.
At Peg b Technology, our focus is on the design, development and implementation of custom mobile money services frameworks,solution delivery and application support to mobile money payment providers across various verticals – telecommunications, banking and finance, e-commerce, entertainment, etc., industries.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Sr. DevOps Engineer (Cloud)
|Abu Dhabi||11 Feb|
DevOps Engineer - 6 Month Contract
Manpower Middle East
IT System Administrator
Manpower Middle East
IT Support Engineer / System Administration