Job description / Role
DarkMatter is developing a suite of communication applications covering encrypted voice, instant messaging, email and other in-transit data. Working in a fast paced environment, the candidate will be responsible for software design, implementation, testing, debugging, and deployment of security-focused products and services.
The DevOps Project Lead will be responsible for driving teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment within DevOps teams. Project Lead will support product backlog definition / refinement / prioritization to feed sprints and drive projects.
- Deliver on a portfolio of DevOps projects and services enabling software delivery in the areas of development, test, architecture, program/ project management
- Prepares for and facilitates Agile planning sessions with DevOps teams and assists with prioritizing user stories
- Monitor the progress of all DevOps projects in the portfolio through the request, refinement, approval, contracting, scheduling, resourcing, execution, and closure.
- Utilize appropriate methodologies, ranging from traditional to Agile/Scrum, to most effectively manage DevOps projects and maximize their success.
- Create and maintain project documentation as needed.
- Actively communicate project status, risks/mitigation, and issues/resolution to both internal stakeholders and clients
- Demonstrate strong ability to collaborate with others to solve problems and determine an agreeable path forward that best meets short and long-term user needs and business objectives
- At least 8 years relevant work experience in technical teams focused on DevOps
- At least 6 years of work experience in managing, mentoring, motivating and growing a goal-driven delivery team
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and Waterfall project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
- Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects.
- Certified Scrum Master accreditation is preferred but not necessary
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus
- Master's Degree in IT a relevant field or High School Diploma and solid related work experience
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
Working in Abu Dhabi
At DarkMatter, we're turning our biggest ideas into reality in the fastest moving and most dynamic city on the planet. Working here, you'll lead technical innovation in the region while taking advantage of all Abu Dhabi has to offer. From first class healthcare and education, to superior living accommodations and cultural attractions, you'll find your ideal career and more in this global crossroads. The UAE is one of the safest and most secure areas in the world. And with its location between Europe, Africa and Asia, you'll expand your worldview in just a short flight. But you won't have to venture far from the city to experience its diversity. You'll find people of over 50 nationalities working in the DarkMatter Group. Join us and see that while far away from the concrete tech jungle, Abu Dhabi is an oasis where your latest innovations will thrive and grow.
About the Company
DarkMatter is transforming the cyber security landscape. Headquartered in the UAE and operating globally, we're the region's first and only fully integrated digital defence and cyber security consultancy and implementation firm. Our elite team of global experts deliver advanced, next-generation solutions to governments and enterprises across the cyber security spectrum.
We help clients simplify the enormous complexity of today's ever-evolving cyber threats. Our vision is to protect the future by securing its technologies. Innovation and Research are cornerstones to our development and the activities in these areas underpin our entire range of offerings, including Secure Communications, Public Key Infrastructure and Big Data & Analytics products.