Job description / Role
A dietitian is an expert in food and nutrition. Dietitians help promote healthy eating habits to prevent and treat illness through supervision of food preparation and service, dietary modifications, and public education. Their role in medical facilities and nursing homes is especially important as they provide sound advice to patients on healthy eating habits and evaluate dietary treatments of diseases.
- Provide explanations for food and nutrition issues
- Establish proper meal plans for the patient in accordance with their preference, health, and financial capabilities
- Evaluate the health and diet needs of patients
- Calculate patient nutritional requirements
- Analyze nutritional content of food
- Educate other healthcare professionals about food and nutrition
- Run health promotion clinics in hospitals, pharmacies, and other community settings
- Educate the public about the need for proper dieting, its importance in disease prevention, etc.
- Conduct dietary, nutritional, and epidemiological research
Dietitians provide an extremely reliable and unbiased source of information for the entire medical team, including doctors, nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech therapists, and pharmacists. They often develop dietary plans to meet the nutritional requirements of individual patients according to their medical charts. Depending on the patient's condition, they may have to provide specialized services, such as total parenteral nutrition (intravenous feeding) or enteral nutrition (tube feeding). Occasionally, dietitians may promote nutritional food and diet awareness through public educational programs in primary schools, colleges, communities, and corporate settings.
- Female, Arabic
About the Company
Are you looking for a single talent? Or do you need to recruit a whole team of industry experts? Mercans is at your service. You can tap into more than a decade of expertise working in human resources and recruitment in the challenging environments of the Middle East and North Africa. You have our database of more than 75,000 candidates at your disposal, and with it a better chance to find exactly what you're looking for.
Mercans gets you the connections you need to mobilize even very large teams at short notice. Our recruiters and experts are on site, and with them, your business has an established and reliable presence in the area.
You have the advantage of Mercans' very own candidates database, of which more than 35,000 candidates come pre-qualified. With us, you get the fastest, most experienced, and most reliable recruitment agency in the area.
Clinical Nutrition Specialist
|Saudi Arabia||13 Dec|
Teaching Assistant in Nutrition and Health Dept
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
|Al Ain||21 Dec|
Health Science Teacher
Health Science Teacher
Airline Catering Duty Officer
Alpha Group (Alpha Flight Services UAE)