Job description / Role
Digital and ERP Transformation Consultant, Financial Accounting Advisory Services, MENA
In Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) within Assurance, we assist our clients to address the accounting, financial reporting and digital enablement challenges facing their business. You will be part of a team that provides insight and services that accelerate digital and ERP enablement, analytics, decision-making and innovation to build a stronger and more efficient finance function. You will experience ongoing professional development through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored coaching.
We focus on helping solve client problems by offering both strategic and operational deep Finance and Accounting industry expertise. We pride ourselves on building long-lasting relationships with companies and organizations, to bring the best insights and solutions to help them tackle whatever critical issues they may face. Our FAAS practice currently focuses on several core sectors including Government, Health Industries, Consumer and Industrial Products & Services.
That is how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
This opportunity is within our Digital and ERP Transformation team and provides advisory services focused on ERP enablement, ERP selection, Quality assurance of ongoing implementation, Finance Transformation, performance improvement and implementation, business process engineering, robotic process automation, Intelligent automation, AI/Machine Learning enabled automation and effective financial control, reporting and consolidation.
Your key responsibilities
As a Senior Consultant, you will work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution.
Skills and attributes for success
Pro- activity, accountability and results- driven people will flourish in this environment. Dealing with competing priorities, understanding how to manage resources and communicating effectively are key skills. This will have a huge impact on those around you and help promote a positive work ethic.
To qualify for the role you must have
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a similar role, out of which a minimum of 3 years must be within consulting focus on ERP/technology enabled finance transformation and broader finance and system consulting role.
- At least 3 end to end ERP enabled Finance transformation projects that has significant ERP ( Oracle, SAP, S4HANA) and Planning & Budgeting (Oracle Hyperion, SAP BPC, IBM Cognos) focus.
Key responsibilities include
- Designing and reviewing Chart of accounts and MBG Structure (Business Group, Legal entity, OUs and Consolidation)
- Capturing business requirements for all Finance modules (AP, AR, FA, CM, GL, PA, Planning, reporting Costing, payroll costing, etc)
- Developing / reviewing implementation documents (e.g. in Oracle implementation methodology - requirements document RD50, Configuration document BR100, Process documents BP80, Test scripts TE40, data cleansing and migration strategy, etc)
- Developing ERP enabled business process blueprint,
- Participating in design and solutioning sessions,
- Developing test scripts / business scenarios,
- Review configuration documents
- Oversee ERP implementation from functional and client-side advisory perspective,
- Developing report templates and FSG reports,
- Advising/reviewing data cleansing and data migration strategy,
- Participating in UAT and confirming both compliance to requirements fit and intended accounting,
- Performing quality assurance review, discussing and presenting the findings of quality assurance with client management and client's implementer.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a relevant subject such as Finance, Accounting, Engineering and a professional certification like ACCA, CA, CPA, CIMA or CMA; OR MBA or Master's in Finance.
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East and worldwide where the project requirement dictate.
Ideally you'll also have
- Track record with a leading consulting firm
Proficiency in the Arabic language
- Knowledge and experience of Public Sector, Telecoms, Industrial Products, Oil-Gas and Utilities sector is required.
What we look for
- We are interested in entrepreneurs who have the confidence to develop and promote a brand new strategic vision both internally and externally.
- You will be business savvy with a passion for innovation as well as the motivation to create your own EY journey.
What working at EY offers
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region