Job description / Role
We are Chalhoub Group, a leading family business in the world of beauty, fashion and gifts. We have blended our Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury to offer service excellence to all our partners and a unique experience to all our customers for over 6o years
As we continue to grow, it's our vision to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
Our passionate teams drive our vision forward, without them, we couldn't create luxury experiences for our customers. Through opportunities, development and support, we empower each and every employee to achieve their career goals - and beyond. It's an exciting journey we're on, and one you could be part of.
What we are looking for: Digital Business Manager Fashion
As a Digital Business Manager, you will set and drive the fashion vertical's hybrid strategy and omnichannel customer journey by working closely with the Shift team, business captains and external suppliers and by bringing in and leading new and creative initiatives and solutions. We are looking for a strategic visionary, someone very hands on and driven to succeed.
What you will do:
- Drive the overall digital transformation strategy of the Fashion Vertical and its respective business units
- Act as the lead transformation agent of the vertical, and single point of contact for transformational initiatives/activities within Vertical, capturing need
- Act as inhouse consultant to the Fashion Vertical's Leadership on all digital and transformational matters.
- Continuously analyze and promote opportunities for improvements (operations, eCommerce, CRM, Omnichannel, etc.).
- Capture the digital transformation needs of the brands to build the business case for future solutions and provide these solutions to the brands.
- Lead change, innovation and growth within the vertical. Help the Fashion Vertical's COO launch and grow new business models, concepts, initiatives, approaches, brands.
- Help the brands in the selection of all relevant service provider (internal enablers/external partners) and connects regularly with these parties.
- Help ensure the required support is given to key strategic projects, participate and represent the Fashion Vertical in these projects when involvement is deemed necessary.
- Further the business' ability to be future proof through optimizing ecommerce, modernizing technologies, training team members, etc.
- Create and successfully operate a digital service/competence center on a vertical level to support all business units and meet their needs within (time, budgets, scope, etc.) for various activities (ecommerce, pure players, CX, tech, CRM, reporting/analytics, etc.).
- Report results, blockers, resource needs and progress towards Leadership (results, responsibilities, resources, risks framework).
People, Teams and Culture
- Support HR's transformational and digital projects in the Fashion Vertical, propose changes and initiatives, and help HRBP execute efficiently
- Build a pipeline of digital talent for sustained transformational advances.
- Create a digital graduate program composed of young potential talent and help enrolled participants succeed.
- Build and develop all needed teams (CRM, ecommerce, growth hacking, data/analytics, project management) for the brands/verticals, advise on digital job descriptions, hiring/promoting/training/dismissing team members. Conduct interviews of candidates. Help team-members with their development needs.
- The DBM has a dotted-line or direct responsibility for driving the performance of the websites, building the strategy (marketing, trading, affiliates, etc) and delivering growth initiatives through effective merchandising and traffic/conversion management or other suitable means
- Act as representative of the Fashion Vertical's ecommerce business to internal and external parties.
- Consult and support the Captain(s) who are empowered with the P&L ownership/accountability, in both growing and optimizing the Fashion Vertical's ecommerce business.
- Set up together with the Brand Captains' commercial operations, trading and marketing efforts of the businesses. Unlock growth and optimizations where possible.
- Create and update continuously the strategy for ecommerce, recommend changes, A/B testing
- Secure needed technologies, processes and skills for the Vertical.
- Leverage experience, best practices and new methodologies in digital marketing for both traffic and conversion optimization. Keep digital skills up to date via trainings, studies, workshops, readings, courses.
- Help identify revenue driving marketing opportunities in Paid Search, Affiliate, Display Marketing (or other channels) with the focus on building sustained organic traffic growth.
- Help create a marketing partnerships ecosystem with various partners per channel. Using best practices, help work together collaboratively with the brands to develop activation, campaign and promotional ideas.
- Ensure ecommerce services are provided to the brands
- Deliver customer insights via leveraging both web analytics, social media listening and CRM tools (amongst others). Create automated reporting including product selling, traffic, conversion, AOV. Analyze traffic, conversion, CPA to unlock further growth opportunities.
- Work closely with operations team to scope, design and deliver customer service excellence and quality management
- Lead ecommerce technology deployment, enhancement and CX improvement projects for all business units within the FV where necessary.
Customer Experience and Hybrid journey
- Guard and champion the omnichannel customer journey in vertical and with the brands
- Assess, identify and act upon blockers to deliver an enhanced customer experience in both offline and online channels.
- Coordinate and advocate for evolution of support services that are key to deliver an Omnichannel customer experience (HR, logistics, operations, Training & Development, Captains and Area Managers).
- Develop a customer service strategy aimed to serve customers from any sales channel. Identify internal or external customer service providers and implement processes
- Define and follow up customer service metrics together with the brand captains and ecommerce managers.
Distribution to Ecommerce Pure Players and marketplaces
- Create pure player strategy for the Fashion Vertical and its brands.
- Develop strategic plans to take control over our brands' presence online and unlock opportunities
- Create and leverage a healthy ecosystem of partnerships to improve the Fashion Vertical's ability to create and capture value when working with pure players.
- Build framework agreements with pure players to ensure favorable terms, margins and marketing support. Manage negotiations on behalf of the vertical and represent its interests.
- Deliver progress reports and updates.
- Create commercial/marketing opportunities, advise brands on how best to leverage opportunities.
- Create CRM strategy for the Fashion Vertical and its respective brands.
- Build capabilities in systems management, admin, data, analytics and marketing - offer these services to the brands within Fashion Vertical to ensure the brands' success. Establish required resources to provide these world-class CRM services to the brands.
- Determine data strategy together with the relevant stakeholders. Run data quality and quantity improvement projects
- Perform in-depth customer and sales analyses to spot trends within our own database with the objective of delivering customer insights and recommendations.
- Perform predictive modelling to enhance customer experiences, revenue generation, and other business metrics.
- Create solutions for clienteling / data capture across various commercial windows (incl. retail, distribution, ecommerce).
- Introduce required KPIs, reports and automations based on the brands' requirements
- Help define customer journeys (triggered communication) for the different clusters of customers within each brand.
- Support the deployment of digital marketing and promotional campaigns by segmenting the database
- Identify new trends in digital marketing, evaluate new tools, and ensure the brands are at the forefront of industry developments, ie mobile marketing.
- Support in the development of any activity related to 1on1 communication with customers.
- Work with key stakeholders (for example IT) on relevant projects (Xstore, Muse, CDH...etc).
- Support the scaling of the Fashion Vertical's CRM strategy/solution to Group level; help the relevant parties make the most of their opportunities.
Technology and delivery of customer facing projects
- Review and determine the changes needed in the Fashion Vertical's technological set-up.
- Scout for IT solutions needed, ensure timely and successful execution.
- Be the single point of contact and own the relation with IT experts on the Fashion Vertical's technical projects
- Identify synergies between different business units and work with various stakeholders to achieve them.
- Represent the Fashion Vertical towards technological companies (such as Salesforce, Google, Facebook) and SIs (such as Emakina, Changi)
- Contract external parties/ contractors (such as project managers) and supervise their successful work as per the scope of the projects
What you need to succeed in this role:
- Strong business and retail operations understanding
- Experienced in leading omnichannel transformation projects setting strategy and implementing across teams
- Knowledge in the retail industry ideally fashion
- Experienced in implementing digital technologies and be able to recommend suppliers and providers to help speed transformation
Ready to join our exciting transformation to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of our customers everywhere? Now's your chance. By being part of our journey here at Chalhoub Group, you can make a real impact on customers and some of the finest brands in the world. In return, you'll have everything you need to innovate your career.
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution & exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.