Job description / Role
Nestle Nutrition, a global company in the Nestle Group, helps to enhance peoples' lives through science-based nutrition products and services for consumer groups with specific nutritional needs.
When you think Nestle, what's the first thing that comes to mind? We might be known as the world's biggest food and beverages company, but much more goes into the DNA that makes us who we are. From the health and wellness of our consumers, the quality of our products and the passion that drives our employees, there's always more to life here. As a business, we started in infant nutrition more than 150 years ago, and this remains at the heart of what we do.
Based in our head office in Dubai, you'll be responsible for Leading and building the MENA Nestle Nutrition digital eco-system to deliver relevant consumer experience at key moment and on the right platforms Reporting to the Marketing Manager to build a strategy supporting three main areas.
- How do we communicate with Parents to support them through the first 1000 days (and beyond)?
- How do we work with our brand teams to ensure we're supporting their communications strategy on digital and social platforms?
- How do we then sew Nestle Nutrition into the fabric of the internet, to support both education and learning, with their buying decisions.
This is an important role, and as the first of its kind in our office, you have the flexibility to shape what it looks like. You'll need to be autonomous, comfortable with ambiguity, and be able to enable results through others. With 19 countries, and a complex matrix of stakeholders, you'll need to be an expert communicator and influencer, with strong Arabic and English, and if you have French too, that'll be an additional asset to our team.
A day in the life of
- You get into the office for 9, as you have an important meeting, to pitch your plans for development and execution of the comms strategy for our 1,000 days platform.
- Before the meeting, you'll align with your colleagues in communications, and the brand teams. You want to ensure all your stakeholders are aligned so you can count on their support for the presentation and your recommendations
- The meeting is a success! You go and deliver the good news to your colleagues in sales, confident that your plans will successfully support their targets and plans.
- After lunch, you reach out to discuss next steps with colleagues in your other key countries. Although you have no direct line manager experience, you work closely with colleagues in Egypt, Iran, and across North East Africa, so you need to make sure they're up to speed on plans.
- You get a rare 30 minute gap in your diary, so you tune in to a webinar all around the consumer behavior of mothers in the region. If you're not from a Nutrition, or Mum and baby sector, you need to quickly get up to speed on their routines and channels.
- After that, you have setup a 1 hour meeting with the brand teams, in which you are sharing & coaching them on the latest trends of the digital world, and brainstorming together how to integrate these new platforms and monitoring tools in the upcoming campaign to maximize its efficiency.
- Before you go home, you check how your strategy is impacting sales. From marketing and comms, to commercial and e-commerce, you need to have a broad range of skills to enable you to successfully drive and execute this important part of our business.
What will make you successful
- Bachelor's degree
- You will need 7 years marketing experience, of which two need to have a strong digital focus.
- Experience working in cross functional teams is a must.
- Being comfortable with ambiguity is important.
- As a self-starter, you will not be micro-managed in this position. So the ability to set your own goals, and keep momentum across a broad range of stakeholders is vital
- You must be able to speak English & Arabic. French is a bonus.
Nestle is 308,000 people strong and are driven by the purpose of enhancing the quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. With more than 91.4 billion CHF in 2018, we have an expansive presence with 413 factories in more than 85 countries. We believe our people are our most important asset, so we'll offer you a dynamic international working environment with constant opportunities for development.
About the Company
Nestle with headquarters in Vevey, Switzerland was founded in 1866 by Henri Nestle and is today the world's biggest food and beverage company. Sales for 2006 were CHF 98.5 bn, with a net profit of CHF 9 bn. We employ around 265,000 people and have factories or operations in almost every country in the world.
The Company's strategy is guided by several fundamental principles. Nestle's existing products grow through innovation and renovation while maintaining a balance in geographic activities and product lines. Long-term potential is never sacrificed for short-term performance. The Company's priority is to bring the best and most relevant products to people, wherever they are, whatever their needs, throughout their lives.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Manager Strategy & Marketing Excellence
Digital Marketing Executive
Marketing Coordinator - Retail - Omni
Al Tayer Group
Associate Customer Marketing Manager