Job description / Role
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
Your new role, what's involved?
DIGITAL Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Lead multiple Digital Innovation projects from initiation to completion.
* Communicate with stakeholders, including IT managers, vendors, and executive leaders.
* Use of interactive technology and collaboration tools to translate design, produce training and develop UX experiences
* Interact with users to understand business processes and gather user requirements comprehensively.
* Drafting/reviewing systems specifications, adhering to functional requirements.
* Conducting comprehensive systems testing to ensure bug-free programs.
* Liaising and communicating the agreed requirements to outsourcers.
* Prepare and/or review High Level System Design / Detailed Design.
* Prepare project specific Technical Requirement Specs.
* Perform Coding / Testing / Implementation.
* Prepare and/or review Approved Test Plan/ Test Specs Perform Quality Review for Implementations.
* Prepare and conduct User training.
* Identify and escalate project related issues to Project Manager.
* Resolve rollout issues, providing swift resolutions to problems.
* Manage the development of the software developed by a software partner.
* Resolve Interface issues between IoT hardware and software,
* Support in leading the Development Team to ensure reliability and maintainability of an enterprise software solution.
* Explore innovative technologies and evaluate their relevance.
* Manage development of proof-of-concept prototypes.
* Conceptualize the usage of modern technology and adapt to enhance its product value.
BIM Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Managing and coordinating the overall use of BIM within the Structures Unit and for the multidisciplinary Projects (where required).
* Managing the project BIM Coordinator(s) and BIM / CAD technicians including input to Quality Assurance and Quality Control of models and drawings.
* Assist the BIM lead P&B on the Implementation of Building Information Management (BIM) systems.
* Leading in the creation of BIM deliverables, Clash Detection Processes and Reports, BIM Quality Control Plans, BIM Design Review Procedures, Construction Sequencing (4D) and Cost Estimating (5D), Asset Management BIM Implementation (COBie).
* Capability of understanding BIM Client Requirements and analyzing/implement BIM Execution Plans for BIM deliverables production.
* Configuring and maintaining the project Common Data Environment to enable the effective management of engineering design deliverables.
* Responsible for planning project BIM deliverables and managing their effective delivery in accordance with the project plan and BIM Execution Plan.
* Coordinate BIM issues with design teams to develop and reinforce standards with the goal of refining the models and BIM deliverables.
* Clash Detection and reporting.
* Identify and detect any potential opportunity/risk for the Project or the Team.
* Actual Hands-on capabilities on Creation of Templates, High Level BIM Families, Shared Parameters, Scheduling and BIM Modelling in general.
* Monitoring and guiding the model advancement and utilization process for future construction.
* Reporting to the Project Manager and Line Manager in a structured manner.
* Assist with the upskilling of existing CAD/BIM, Digital, and Engineering & Project Management staff.
What You'll Need
* Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, or 5+ years of Civil/Structural experience and background in modeling, and knowledge of best practices in BIM. Proven ability to lead a Team of Digital developers would be of advantage.
* Familiar with various project management methodologies such as Agile, Lean
* Good understanding of UX methods and when to apply them effectively
* Minimum of 5 years' experience in design with BIM processes on large scale projects.
* Mandatory proficiency on Autodesk Revit and Rhino (Civil 3D would be of advantage).
* Mandatory proficiency with Autodesk Navisworks
* Mandatory proficiency with Autodesk BIM360
* Mandatory proficiency with Dynamo/Grasshopper scripting tools and Python
Any of the following will be considered as added value:
* Middle East experience would be of great advantage.
* Experience in implementing/managing applications to public cloud (AWS/Azure/GCP).
* Database experience such as NoSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, etc.
* Proficiency on Power Bi.
* Proficiency with MS SharePoint and ACONEX platforms.
* Experience working within a multi-national working environment would be beneficial.
* Excellent English communication and presentation skills.
* Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and solve problems.
What's in it for you?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring.? Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.