Job description / Role
Do you want to help transform the delivery of healthcare to millions of people?
The EY MENA health team is expanding. We have opportunities for experienced Digital Healthcare Consultants at all levels from Senior Consultant to Senior Manager. These roles are focused on the healthcare market and based within our Digital and Information Technology practice.
Technology is transforming healthcare delivery and enabling new business and care delivery models. With new markets opening and technology advancing faster than ever, the healthcare IT space is becoming increasingly complex. Our clients rely on effective, sustainable, technology solutions, and they look to us to facilitate their needs. In IT Advisory, you'll use your analytical knowledge to streamline everything from IT Strategy, Processes, designing and implementing solutions in our Performance Improvement (PI) team. In return, you'll receive all the training you need to solve some of the most complex business issues around.
Operating specifically and most frequently in the healthcare sector, you will help our healthcare clients transform their Digital landscape, using new technologies and new approaches to healthcare, to change how patients are treated in hospital and at home. As well as operating in the health sector, you will be a full member of our cross-sector PI team and will have the opportunity to develop your career by working with clients across a wide range of sectors, in addition to healthcare.
Your key responsibilities
- Your key responsibility is to help our clients improve and, by doing so, to serve patients better.
- You're likely to spend most of your time directly influencing and engaging our clients, designing their transformation programmes with them and supporting and coaching their staff as they implement change.
- You will look into identifying and mitigating potential risks, while leveraging opportunities to make our clients' services better.
- We'll also look to you to improve performance by identifying areas for development within their current processes and practices.
- You'll be working on complex projects for some of the most well-known clients in healthcare in MENA and potentially, also, across other industries.
In addition, you are expected to perform complete analyses within the scope of the project from the simple to the complex. Structure methodologies, analyze, summarize the findings, and apply the findings to the project. Manage a section of work from simple to complex, understand the scope of the total project. Design an approach and determine the resources needed to complete the project, select the appropriate methodology and complete the work, and develop the recommendations.
Being on a project also includes managing the executive relationship with responsibility that require you to organize the team, structure the work plan, complete the work, introduce the work to the client and develop the implications for the client. As well as manage relationships by building a development strategy and deepen trust-based relationships. Drive the business impact of the project or more than one project and be part of multiple engagements for the client over time.
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for these roles, you must have
- A bachelor's degree in a Health Informatics, IT, Public health, or Clinical discipline (Doctors & Nurses)
- A record of excellence in providing advisory services focusing on Information Technology and performance improvement in the healthcare sector
- Ability to develop, present new ideas and conceptualize new approaches and solutions
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Have a solid understanding of health informatics domains
For roles at Manager level and above you must also have:
- Proven track record of effectively managing consulting workstreams, projects and/or client engagements.
- At least 6-8 years of overall relevant experience
For roles at Senior Manager level you must also have:
- At least 6-8 years of overall relevant experience
- Significant team leadership experience within a healthcare consulting environment
- A significant track record of developing trusted client relationships, shaping solutions for clients, winning client contracts, leading successful engagement delivery and building recurring business relationships
- Existing client relationship across the GCC
Ideally, you'll also have
- Master's Degree in a related discipline
- Relevant certifications, for example (CPHIMMS, Project Management)
- Willingness to travel across the region
What we look for
We're looking for people who are passionate healthcare consultants, at the top of their game, but who would like to continue to grow their subject matter expertise and help others around them achieve their potential. If you have a passion for assisting healthcare organisations achieve their full potential and working with some of the highest performing teams, this role might very well be for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your performance and recognised for the value you bring to the business. We also offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services. Our 167,000 people are united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do.
EY is committed to doing its part in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.