Digital Marketing Specialist
University of Birmingham Dubai
Job description / Role
The post holder will report to the Marketing and Communications Manager based in the Dubai campus of the University of Birmingham. The person in this role will be responsible for online marketing and communications activities within the Dubai campus as directed by the line manager. The role holder will be a key member of the wider Marketing and Communications team and the campus Professional Services team, who will also support with Open days, and other duties to support cross-functional collaboration.
• Promotes equality and values diversity acting as a role model and fostering an inclusive working culture.
• Actively manages equality, diversity and inclusion through monitoring and evaluation and actively challenging unacceptable behaviour.
• Undertake continuous personal and professional development.
• In collaboration with the Marketing and Communications Manager, devise a web and digital strategy for the Dubai campus
• Manage all lead generation strategies (prospective student acquisition) by working with regional and local agencies to define qualified leads
• Create an in-house process for lead generation as and when required, in addition to liaising with external agencies
• Develop and manage the UoBD website strategy including but not limited to content updates, search engine optimization and user experience
• Develop landing pages for the brand, programs and events
• Ensure consistency in messaging, content and look and feel across the website and landing pages in line with the website maintained by the UK campus
• Create an annual web and digital plan, reviewing and improving each year
• Compliance – GDRP, data handling, accessibility (in conjunction with IT and channel management)
• Ensuring that all web and digital content meets with all legal requirements and is compliant to recognised web standards, including accessibility
• Optimising website for search engines, including metadata and page mark-up
• To undertake any other duties as requested by the Marketing and Communications Manager
• Experience of championing Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in own work area.
• Ability to monitor and evaluate the extent to which equality and diversity legislation, policies, procedures are applied.
• Ability to identify issues with the potential to impact on protected groups and take appropriate action.
• Degree level education or equivalent work experience
• Experience of working as a digital marketing specialist or manager
• Successful management and delivery of projects to time and quality criteria
• Computer literate with an expert understanding of web content including structure and navigation
• Significant experience of using web content management systems to an intermediate or advanced level
• Knowledge of standards-compliancy, writing for W3C accessibility and usability issues
• Knowledge of legal web-related issues including accessibility, copyright, data protection and
• freedom of information
• Knowledge and understanding of web standards/languages (e.g. HTML), Adobe Photoshop, Google Analytics and relevant web development software
• Confident and competent in the use of database systems and electronic communication
• Strong understanding of the wider higher education context, student recruitment trends and research landscape
• Experience of working in a busy team and on own initiative
• Flexibility to work out of hours as required (including occasional evening and weekend work) and a willingness to travel if ever necessary
About the Company
The University of Birmingham Dubai offers a unique opportunity for innovative and creative Academics and Professional Service Staff to be involved in building a sector leading teaching and research environment that is synonymous with a truly global and forward thinking University.
Already recognised as one of the world's top 100 universities across the globe, this latest phase in the University of Birmingham’s global expansion builds on the University’s international teaching activities in Singapore and China, and its extensive international research collaborations.
Over the next twelve months, then expanding thereafter, we will be looking for new staff to join our already talented and committed Academic and Professional Services staff in ensuring that our campus in Dubai is open and ready for a new intake of students by September 2018. A number of new opportunities will become available in the areas detailed below.
Our ambition is to grow the University of Birmingham Dubai to around 4,500 students studying on a full range of programmes; and to establish an active programme of research.