Job description / Role
Who we are
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
Here at Chalhoub Group Technology we pride ourselves on product innovation and technical excellence and are constantly adding new applications and new functionality to our product suite, used by a leading Luxury Group in the GCC region. Having recently accelerated and transformed our Digital Technology and as part of the Digital Transformation that Tech is executing, we are now in a period of dramatic growth that will see our services and product suites grow considerably over the coming year.
We are a group of distributed multidisciplinary engineers, passionate about Luxury Retail, focused on a few highly scalable distributed platforms on a cloud technology stack.
The teams are small and move fast - this role is expected to achieve maximum results in the operational support processes and functions within the Product teams including the ways of working between the Technology Operations domain and the Digital Technology domain.
What you will be doing
The Digital Ops Lead has strong leadership and organizational skills as well as a deep understanding of enterprise application operations with a good operational domain background, whilst specializing in Digital Technology working alongside Digital Product teams on a day-to-day basis.
The complete end to end availability, uptime and performance of the Digital products will sit with the Digital Ops lead.
Key responsibilities include:
* Coordinating the operational tasks and processes in the Digital product teams and manage expectations to/from stakeholders.
* Driving continuous improvement in the Digital product team tasks and standard operating procedures.
* Reporting on team operational support performance and challenges (as well as opportunities) to the Head of Digital Technology and the Head of Technology Operations.
* Application operational support and day to day ops management on an architectural level on our Digital product suite.
* Driving operational support requirements towards development and product management organizations.
* A good problem solver, who takes initiatives on both process and solution improvements with the Product Managers particularly when it comes to Problem Management and solving deep routed issues in the Product stack.
* Verifying releases on an operational level such as stability and maintainability/support; focusing on performance operations with the Product teams and QA/Engineering teams.
* Preparation of releases before live deployment.
* Handling of incoming incidents, change requests, problems and in-depth root cause analysis.
* Undertake and deliver Service Transition and Operational Readiness for all product teams across the Digital Technology Domain.
* Documentation from an application operations perspective: knowledge base articles, operation manuals, deployment instructions, incident and problem notes.
What you'll need to succeed
* Proven leadership and organizational skills.
* In depth architectural knowledge, focused on monitoring and operation of applications, specifically Digital Technology (eCommerce, CRM, Native Mobile, Integration, Mobile Technology, AWS to name a few).
* Good practice methodologies and tools for configuration and automation, with proven experience of working in Agile frameworks, including explicit knowledge of CI/CD processes and technology.
* A good understanding of digital operations and architecture.
* Foundational ITIL knowledge and understanding.
* Knowledge of different cloud platforms (AWS) & services (i.e., SaaS, PaaS, IaaS)
* Working with multiple external service suppliers and implementation partners.
* Awareness and use of DEVOPS tools for Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) - experienced with Jenkins and Software repository tools/environments like GitHub.
* Excellent attention to detail and analytical problem-solving skills.
* Excellent strong and proactive "can-do" attitude.
* Good Communication and relationship management skills.
* Analytical, detail-orientated, can communicate clearly, effectively and influence in the right way.
* Knowledge of Salesforce commerce and CRM would be advantageous but not essential.
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.