Job description / Role
• Drive product strategies and long term vision to build best in class digital products
• Conduct user research and usability studies, collaborating with designers, developers and research teams from end to end of the process.
• Ability to craft a product vision (short to long term) and convert that into a concrete strategy
• Participate in market research, validation, and whitespace analysis to identify new opportunities for new and existing features and functionalities
• Partner with business owners and agile product teams to build product roadmaps that will be incorporated into the broader company product portfolio plan
• Develop and implement data pipelines that extract, transform, and load data into an information product
• Work on managing, storing, processing, and analyzing large data sets to identify business opportunities/efficiencies
• Evaluate, analyze, and understand the voice of the customer through a variety of data sources
• Manage the product roadmap and backlog for all digital products
• Oversee and manage lead requirements discovery, solution design, user story writing, feature development, and user acceptance testing
• Partner with the executive teams to identify key capabilities needed as well as identifying potential issues
• Partner with cross functional teams regularly to ensure alignment on feature development and prioritization
• Partner with IT to manage the roadmap and backlog to ensure that IT delivers all capabilities on time and per expectation
• Work with product marketing to develop positioning and messaging to ensure differentiation from competitors
• Monitor and evaluate product performance to ensure constant product iteration and improvements
• 5+ years experience in digital product management or similar
• Strong analytical, prioritization, and negotiating skills
• Usability and customer-focused design experience a plus
• Passionate about building great products and solving customer and business problems
About the Company
MBC GROUP is the largest media company in the Middle East & North Africa region that enriches people’s lives through information, interaction and entertainment. In 2002, nearly a decade after the launch of MBC1 in London, in 1991, MBC GROUP moved its headquarters to Dubai Media City, United Arab Emirates.
Today, MBC GROUP includes over 17 leading TV channels: MBC1 (general family entertainment); MBC2 & MBC MAX (24-hour western movies); MBC3 (children’s edutainment with a mix of both local productions and western acquisitions); MBC4 (entertainment for young families with a female-focus); MBC ACTION (an indigenous adrenaline-packed channel targeting young males with local and homegrown productions); MBC VARIETY (Western films and general entertainment with uninterrupted broadcasting); MBC DRAMA (24/7 Arabic drama) & MBC+ DRAMA (a joint pay-TV channel between MBC and OSN); MBC PERSIA (general family entertainment dubbed and subtitled in Farsi); WANASAH (24-hour Arabic music channel); MBC MASR & MBC MASR2 (general family entertainment geared towards the Egyptian family); MBC BOLLYWOOD (delivering the freshest in Bollywood content geared towards the region via an Arabized interface); MBC USA (on “Dish Network” in the US); MBC IRAQ (a premium channel aimed at the entire Iraqi family), MBC5 (new satellite channel dedicated to the Maghreb); all of them benefit from MBC STUDIOS which produces the region’s most compelling premium content for cinema, television and on-demand platforms. MBC GROUP also includes two FM radio stations: MBC FM (Gulf music) and Panorama FM (contemporary Arabic hit music).
Furthermore, part of MBC GROUP is Shahid and its premium subscription-based service Shahid VIP, the world’s leading Arabic streaming platform, home to highly rated original productions from the Arab world, a wide range of exclusive movies and premieres, as well as the top watched live Arab TV channels.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Right Calibre Executive Search
Senior Brand Manager
Performance Marketing Executive
Assistant Product Manager
Ignite Search & Selection