Job description / Role
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
We currently seek a Digital Solutions Architect to drive the product and business planning process across cross-functional teams of the company.
Your new role, what's involved
* Conduct architectural evaluation, design and analysis of enterprise-wide systems throughout the business.
* Leverage on Cloud environment and service-oriented architecture principles to define and own Solution Architecture (Infrastructure applications and data technologies)
* Works in an Agile environment and continuously reviews the business needs, define priorities, outlines milestones and deliverables, and identifies opportunities and risks.
* Strive for continuous improvement and build continuous integration, continuous development, and constant deployment pipeline (CI/CD Pipeline)
* Work closely with business stakeholders including business process owners, digital solutions approval board (DSAB) and digital solutions requesters
* Collaborate with development, design, QA and project management teams. on the development, and release of product.
* Collaborate with the teams (internal and across the supply chain) to elaborate the solution, validate technology assumptions, evaluate implementation alternatives, and converge on the final solution.
* Proactively look into Business Process Automation, & Optimization
* Evaluate emerging technologies for tracking innovations applicable to solutions including AI/Machine Learning and Cloud
* Ensure the technical design supports current and future needs
* Understand & translate business strategy and align solution design-architecture with the vision, strategy and policies
* Develops and maintains appropriate tracking and reporting of product performance post-launch to evaluate the future investment.
* Work with clients to design a fullstack solutions using software that fully integrates withcustomer's existing cloud infrastructure from data flow, security, DevOps, and other standpoints
* Evaluate cloud applications, hardware, and software at regular intervals
* Define a procedure and process for solution delivery
* Successfully communicate all concepts and guidelines to the business and development teams
* Design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance.
* Locate and define new process improvement opportunities.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Experience with providing technical leadership, mentoring on Infrastructure design, development, and frameworks, analyzing alternatives, and presenting technical options to leads and clients
* Preferably has attained Azure Solutions Architect Expert and or Azure DevOps Engineer Expert (or other Public cloud architecture certification)
* Has Engineering, Architecture and Operational experience with broader business experience
* Preferably has extensive Azure and O365 experience and certifications
* Strong ability to provide well-conceived, clearly articulated, pragmatic solutions and recommendations to complex infrastructure and application problems
* Architected and delivered application solutions in the public, private and multi-cloud space
* Approximately 10 years minimum experience preferred, ideally 5 years as an Engineering / Architecture lead
* Has expert understanding of cloud native services with extensive breadth and depth of specialism
* Experience in leading a team to successful solution delivery for the organisation
* Preferably experience with broad technology delivery, including custom development using various development languages; Event Driven Architecture and DDD Architecture, SOA, Microservices, Object Oriented, Onion Architecture etc.
* Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services and/or Business Intelligence capabilities of SQL Server.
* Exposure to Business Intelligence capabilities of SharePoint, including Performance Point.
* Experience defining a variety of solution types, such as new system builds, legacy enhancements, build vs. buy analysis, integrating software packages, Software as a Service or Platform as a Service as components of the solution
* Excellent understanding of Agile development and design principles
* Good understanding of Application lifecycle management, release management and following industry coding best practices
* Excellent written and verbal communication
* Demonstrated success in defining and launching products that meet and exceed business objectives
* Subject matter expertise in a particular product or market. This should include specific industry or technical knowledge.
* Excellent relationship and stakeholder management skills
What's in it for you
What if we can have work-life balance What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs What if we can be accepted for who we are Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.