Job description / Role
Role Summary/Purpose The software internship at GE Power Services Middle East & Africa will provide students hands-on experience, on creating artificially intelligent solutions (predominantly based on Augmented and Virtual Reality experience). Intern will be working with experienced professional from cross-functional teams to build immersive AR and VR experiences.
- Production of VR/AR experiences viewable on mobile devices and VR headsets
- Working with pre-created images and 3D CAD models to create photorealistic experiences- End-to-end development of new features from concept to deployment
- Writing clean, well-documented, testable code
- Ability to create rapid prototypes of systems in Unity, including asset integration into Unity
- Building interactive user interfaces in Unity
- Bachelors Degree (Advanced Graphics, AI and other related disciplines)
- Skilled in Unity, OOP and 3D application development
- Spike testing and rapid proofing of concepts around emerging technologies
- Knowledge of mobile development & deployment (IOS, Android, Web)
- Unity multi-platform deployment/debugging/testing, native plugins
- VR: Working knowledge of HMD (ie Oculus, HTC Vive, Microsoft HoloLens)
- Critical Thinking
- Positive Attitude and Eagerness to Learn
- Professional Communication
- Skills Adaptability
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers.
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.