Job description / Role
Reports To: Head of Digital Trading
BU / Department: Digital Commerce
Responsible for the strategy and execution of all online trading activities for the relevant web site that will deliver a best-in-class customer satisfaction that drives significant and sustainable business growth.
• Having full P&L responsibility for the relevant website. Develop budgets and monitor monthly costs.
• Execute the day to day management of online trading to ensure effective and timely delivery and continuous growth through sales optimization in line with the commercial business plan.
• Drive sell thru and conversion by overseeing the maintenance and improvement of the website, ensuring all products are accurately represented, stylishly merchandised and smartly promoted.
• Thoroughly understand on site customer behavior to optimize customer journey and experience to maximize product visibility and sales performance.
• Monitor the ongoing performance of online promotions making any recommendations for change and feeding this back to the Head of Digital Trading.
• Work closely with Digital Merchandising, Digital Marketing, Digital Product/ Portfolio teams and provide coordination with current B&M Commercial, Finance, Merchandising, Logistics and Store Operations. Ensure all departments involved provide the required information in a timely manner.
• Oversee the digital commerce marketing plan in order to drive consumer traffic and conversion together with Digital Marketing and other Marketing functions within the business.
• Work closely with Senior Digital Marketing Manager to support ongoing optimizations to grow sales - on-site search, bounce rate, page load, site conversion rate and etc.
• Conduct ad-hoc research on competitors in the different markets and the trading conditions and send this information to the Head of Digital Trading.
• Ensure maximum product exposure across the website and all marketing channels, ensuring featured products and messaging match marketing direction and inventory.
• Provide weekly reports based on KPIs which includes analyses and required/recommended actions.
• Create weekly sales reports creating best and worst sellers lists, working with the digital marketing team to promote where necessary.
• Ensure optimization of forecasting, stock levels and develop strategies and actions to address any high/low performing categories
• Monitor the website daily across multiple devices, facilitating the quick and efficient resolution of any errors.
• Monitor site inventory, insuring all adds, deletes and adjustments are updated according to established specifications and timeframes.
• Coordinate with Digital Analytics Manager to maximize customer site behavior using digital analytics, selling and performance metrics.
• Support web analytics and help produce reports for distribution to Senior Management. Use analysis to draw conclusive insights, highlighting opportunities and reacting accordingly. Use key metrics (e.g. sales, traffic, conversion and CRM data) to make timely and commercial trading decisions and respond to customer, competitor and market behavior.
• Remain up-to-date on current and emerging technologies and trends and how they can be incorporated into the existing business plan.
Key Internal and External Interactions
• B&M Business Teams (Commercial, Finance, Merchandising, Logistics and Store Operations)
• Digital Commerce Team
• Digital Marketing Team
• Digital Product & Portfolio Team
• Digital Analytics Team
• Call Center Team
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or related discipline
• 8+ years of strategic Ecommerce Trading experience in a similar role
• Strong numerical and analytical commercial skills, advanced Excel user.
• Knowledge of E-Commerce benchmarks and best practices for optimal user experience that result in customer acquisition, retention and growth.
• Experience of using Google Analytics and other web analytics tools
• Knowledge in Google Analytics, Omniture, Coremetrics or another web analytics tool.
• Ability to multi-task and efficiently managing work load.
• High level of verbal and written communication skills.
• Creative problem-solving skills
• Enthusiasm and proactive approach.
• Ability to work in a team.
• Highly organized with great attention to detail.
About the Company
Established in 1997 in Hong Kong, ConnectedGroup is a regional executive recruitment and search consultancy with broad coverage across a full range of functional and industry specialisms, each serviced by dedicated teams. Our strategy is to continue to develop our offering as a ‘big boutique’ where we combine high levels of engagement and accountability with a comprehensive scope of delivery capability.
Our core services include; Retained Executive Search, Exclusive Contingent Search and Contingent Recruitment services for mid to senior permanent positions as well as Contract Staff and Interim Management services. We also engage with clients to deliver specialised and tailored projects such as volume recruitment and market mapping exercises.
Our mission is "to be remembered for exceeding expectations" which drives us to deliver outstanding levels of service and exceptional outcomes for clients and candidates, as well as meaningful careers for our team. We recruit and measure our employees against the values of being Candid, Creative and Connected which drives our open and transparent culture whilst encouraging new ideas and focuses us on internal communications that leverage greater benefits for our clients. At ConnectedGroup words such as 'respect', 'integrity' and 'professionalism' are not aspirational, they are prerequisite behaviours and are expected in all aspects of our work.