Job description / Role
Digitalisation & Performance Supervisor - Cargo Operations - Cargo Operations
Responsible for operational performance reporting and enhancement of data quality, cargo messaging and electronic data submission to customs and security authorities. Responsible for supporting the implementation of IATA, Etihad and other industry initiatives and automations, reporting tools and platforms to continuously increase operational performance and enable decision making processes for cargo operations and delivery.
- Accountable for identifying and analysing business needs, designing and deploying structured reports and dashboards via portals and tools, such as but not limited to Power BI, supporting decision making processes of stakeholders across cargo.
- Accountable for the continuous monitoring and enhancement of operational messaging-exchange, connectivity, formats and data quality with customers and service providers to improve operational data integrity.
- Accountable for the performance monitoring, steering and reporting of Advanced Cargo Information (ACI) information, including the supervision of third-party provided staff as well as the direct engagement with internal (e.g. GSAs) and external stakeholders (e.g. GHAs, regulatory authorities, etc.) to ensure ACI compliance.
- Responsible for supervising the implementation of automation projects working with stakeholders to achieve the agreed objectives and schedules.
- Responsible for creating awareness and knowledge transfer around operational performance measurements and industry initiatives across cargo stakeholders, customers and service providers; to be achieved via training, briefing sessions and other direct engagement.
- Accountable to manage internal and external stakeholders to implement IATA and company initiatives, including proactively engaging and driving them to achieve the agreed objectives and schedules, and the representation of Etihad at appropriate trade and regulatory engagements and working groups related to customs, messaging compliance, data quality and IATA paperless initiatives.
- Responsible for strictly adhering to departmental processes, procedures, and timelines, including the maintenance of auditable trackers and records to ensure KPIs and customer expectations are met.
Education & Experience
- Educated to at least tertiary level with minimum higher diploma (preferably degree) in logistics, operations management, or related discipline with acquired knowledge in cargo operations and general cargo procedures.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in the logistics industry, preferably in air cargo.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications and MS Power BI.
- Knowledge of IATA industry initiatives in the cargo domain such as e-AWB, Cargo iQ, etc.
- Experience in any of the following: cargo management systems (iCargo), cargo handling systems (Hermes), cargo messaging, automation projects, robotic process automation is highly preferred.
About Etihad Airways
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, was formed in 2003 and quickly went on to become one of the world's leading airlines. From its home in Abu Dhabi, Etihad flies to passenger and cargo destinations in the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia and North America. Together with Etihad's codeshare partners, Etihad's network offers access to hundreds of international destinations. In recent years, Etihad has received numerous awards for its superior service and products, cargo offering, loyalty programme and more. Etihad is recognised as one of the world's leading airlines in response to COVID-19 and was the first airline in the world to fully vaccinate its crew on board.
Etihad sees tackling the climate crisis as the most important issue of our time, and through strategic partnerships with major global aviation brands and OEMs, Etihad is relentless in its pursuit of industry decarbonisation.
COVID-19 UPDATE: The health and safety of our communities-including our employees and our candidates remains our top priority. From a recruiting perspective we are continuing to identify people for roles with Etihad in anticipation we will be able to hire, however the process may take longer because we are using more virtual recruiting techniques, and start dates may be delayed because of guidance from the governments in the countries we operate in. We appreciate your understanding and flexibility, Stay safe and healthy.
About the Company
Etihad Airways is the National Airline of the United Arab Emirates. The airline was set up by a Royal Decree in July 2003, with Abu Dhabi, the capital of the UAE, as its hub. Etihad started commercial operations in November 2003.
With Etihad, everyone who flies with us is welcomed as our guest.
This simple credo illuminates everything we do, from big things like making sure that our fleet is one of the most advanced in the sky, to small touches like letting you choose the films you watch.
Were proud to be the National Airline of the United Arab Emirates. At the crossroads between Europe and Asia, our home reflects our commitment to bringing the world closer together - as does our highly cosmopolitan staff.