Job description / Role
The jobholder is responsible to manage the digital transformation to ensure meeting the Shareholders Strategies to support the business growth and excellence. This role includes; ensuring that the current and emerging digital realities, opportunities and threats are fully inherited in the enterprise's business strategy, leading the development of the business model for the optimal use of information and technology, aligning the future business and service plans for
all business units and functions in line with the existing and future digital transformation & automation initiatives, and monitoring the execution of the digitalization projects across the company. Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Work with Vice President, IT to create a digital strategy for the enterprise in alignment with the group strategy, and to identify the opportunities for differentiating digital capabilities and solutions.
- Lead the process to identify and evaluate internal digital asset capabilities and strengths.
- Assess external digital opportunities and threats as key inputs to making the best decisions on business strategy given digital realities.
- Lead the development of the digital business strategy and road map, and ensures its integration with the enterprise strategic planning process, and the resulting business strategy and plans.
- Provide a single point of coordination and executive oversight for all digital initiatives and transformation projects.
- Ensure that the enterprise is developing the digital assets and capabilities that will be needed to survive and thrive in the midterm and long term.
- Act as a champion and change agent in leading the organizational changes required to create and sustain enterprise digital capabilities.
- Define and report on metrics that represent progress against digital goals.
- Act as a thought leader on emerging digital business models and technologies, articulating the digital future and the enterprise's role in it internally and externally.
- Build and maintain relationships with the Owners in the area of digitalization to ensure synergy.
- Manage professional teams and projects of analysts, researchers, technologists and champions across various functions.
- Partner with the IT / OT Management and Teams to develop and exploit new digital business solutions to create a competitive edge.
- Lead the Data Science & Analysis aspects to support the information flow and decision making in the organization, as main enabler for the organizational reporting and dashboards.
- Setup the Digitalization Strategies, Projects and Roadmaps to support the business transformation and automation.
- Lead Digital vision and strategy definition and act as the steward and custodian of the Digital roadmap as per shareholder strategy.
- Unlock Digital business opportunities across the business based on key observed strategic and operational challenges or threats Identify synergies for developing and implementing digital solutions
- Develop relevant Digital expertise through a Center of Excellence model, catering for business needs
- Lead and oversee the development of a Digital service catalog and efficient service delivery model
- Act as the single point of contact and key advisor to relevant Vice President, IT for Digital topics and the future of the business
- Lead and integrate the Artificial Intelligence concepts and trends within the existing business model and service platforms in for the targeted excellence across all functions.
- Recommend on the Digitalization Platform; i.e. Blockchain, etc. that will enable business transformation
- Oversee Digital use case lifecycle delivery through design, prototyping and full scale roll-out, where applicable.
- Act as the face of in local Digital and innovation events, seminars, and associations
- Review Digital value realization (i.e. ROI) across functions
- Oversee the development of an integrated Digital budget and spend plan
- 10 years of total experience in Information Technology, Automation, or Process Development.
- University degree in Information Technology or Engineering Discipline.
- Preferred to have master's degree in strategic management, business administration or related fields
- Fluency in English Language; written and oral
Minimum Experience / Knowledge & Skills
- Minimum of 10 years of total experience in Information Technology, Automation, or Process Development
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive leadership experience in leading cross-functional teams and enterprise-wide programs, operating and influencing effectively across the organization and within complex contexts.
- Experience in innovating business models and developing new channels, business models or business transformation
- Proven record of a Successful Implementation of Digital Transformation Projects
- Deep understanding of the evolving digital world on both the demand side (how people/companies are using technology) and the supply side (emerging technologies)
- Solid Exposure and working knowledge in digital marketing, analytics, supply chain management and CRM
- Strong business acumen, including domain-specific knowledge of the company and its business units
- Excellent analytical, strategic conceptual thinking and consulting skills
- Working Knowledge in data analytics, Data Science, Machine Learning, visualizations, and design dashboards.
- Working experience in Cloud Computing, IOT, Big Data, and Edge Computing
- Strong influence and negotiation skills Ability to effectively drive people, process and technology change in a dynamic and complex operating environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain digital concepts and technologies to business leaders, as well as business concepts to technologists Professional Certifications
- Preferred to be certified in Project Management; PMP, etc.
- Preferred to be certified in any of the Coding Languages; Python, Java, etc.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES(NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide. With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
About the Company
We know how important people are to a business. We understand what's needed to match highly skilled technical and engineering candidates with some of the largest organisations and engineering projects around the globe. We have supplied talent to the energy, infrastructure, life sciences and IT sectors for over 30 years and we're incredibly proud of our reputation.
Now an international organisation with offices in Europe, Asia, America, Australia, Russia, Africa and the Middle East, we lead the way in supporting worldwide technical and engineering talent and we work with an enviable network of clients. In 2011, we achieved sales of 383 million British Pound.
With more than 4,400 contracted personnel on assignments globally, our position is set to grow stronger as the world looks to develop safer and more sustainable energy resources. The promise of our future lies in our unrivalled insight into the industry: and the talent that works in it.
IT Service Delivery, PMO & Planning Manager
ERP & IT Business Systems Lead
Senior IT Manager
Middle East Executive
Strategy Consulting Manager - Technology Practice - Tier One Firm
NSI & Bluefin Talent
Senior IT Project Manager