Job description / Role
Director, Agriculture Export, Middle East and Africa
The Director, Agriculture Export will lead the design, development and implementation of export promotion activities in UAE and other countries in the Middle East, Africa, Turkey and the CIS regions on behalf of the Victorian Government, with a particular focus on agriculture and increasing food and fibre exports.
• The Director, Agriculture Export will also lead delivery of services to support Victorian businesses to become export ready, in collaboration with the EDIS team and other VGTI offices, as well as working with potential investors and trade partners in the region to secure new agricultural trade from, and investment into Victoria.
Key Selection Criteria
• Considerable experience in trade promotion with proven ability to develop and lead complex programs, organise itineraries, events and participate in trade shows.
• Demonstrated experience in, and significant understanding of, business support services and project management, including the ability to maximise short, medium- and long-term opportunities.
• Extensive knowledge of the cultural, economic and political environments which impact on agriculture trade in the MENA region.
• Advanced knowledge and understanding of the agriculture sector in Victoria, including opportunities and challenges triggered by COVID-19.
• Demonstrated senior leadership skills, including high level representation and stakeholder management experience, and proven ability to oversee strategic planning and implementation across diverse teams.
• Superior interpersonal, communication and analytical skills with the ability to present, influence outcomes, gain commitment and negotiate at a senior level, as well as the ability to prepare high level reports and business strategies for the Victorian Government.
• A relevant tertiary degree from a recognized institute or university and fluency in Arabic would be well regarded.
About the Company
Global Victoria is the State Government of Victoria's premier trade facilitation agency and gateway to global economies and communities.
We build the skills and knowledge of Victorian businesses to grow on the international stage, promote the state’s world-class industry capabilities to international audiences, and lead the nation as the best city in Australia to study in.
Global Victoria opens the world to Victorian businesses and welcomes the business world to Victoria. We pursue strategic partnerships to maximise the trade objectives for Victoria and the Government’s broader economic, social, and sustainability objectives.
Discover our international network of 23 Victorian Government Trade and Investment (VGTI) offices located in key export markets. Our VGTI staff can open doors to international contacts, expand your horizons and make your global ambitions a reality.