Job description / Role
Consulting - G&PS - Agriculture, Food & Sustainability - Director (UAE)
Line of Service
Intl Government, Organisations
Advisory - Other
Job Description & Summary
A career within Government & Public Sector consulting will provide you with the opportunity to help organizations reimagine their operations through a strategic lens to turn complexity into a
competitive advantage. Our focus is to help our clients create differentiating capabilities that drive competitive advantages by developing plans to navigate their challenges, seeing what's possible, and turning that into a reality. We assist our clients in transforming operations from the way they engage their customers to executing strategic programmes to achieve enterprise wide operational excellence.
PwC's Agriculture, Food & Sustainability sector practice is growing a team focusing on supporting multinational clients and government agencies across the agricultural value chain on strategy, innovation & commercial excellence. The focus is on improving the performance and sustainability trajectory of agricultural businesses and government agencies through multiyear journeys using the full range of PwC service offerings, including but limited to corporate strategy, agritech, innovation, performance improvement, supply-chain transformation & change management.
What you'll create and do
As a Director, you'll be responsible for a team of problem solvers, helping to address complex business issues from strategy to execution. Responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- 45% business & practice development
- 55% delivery on active client engagements
- Generate demand for PwC's services through direct market engagement and working with existing and targeted clients to help them define their needs
- Work with PwC competencies to apply strategic integrated capabilities and shape their go to market approach
- Help identify target clients and initiate and maintain contact with them by leveraging existing relationships and developing new ones
- Work with account leadership to develop, create and review account plans in the Agriculture, Food & Sustainability space and support the management of the portfolio
- Drive all aspects of the end-to-end sales cycle from opportunity identification through to bid preparation, risk management and contract close.
- You'll do this with the support of relevant competencies but are expected to be able to lead the process when and where required to successfully deliver proposals to potential or existing clients
- Collaboratively engage target clients to understand their business needs, identify the appropriate PwC competencies to support them, and introduce relevant industry leadership and competency leaders to the target clients to assist them in building sustainable relationships such that competencies build their market knowledge, expand their sector relationships and lead the development of proposals to clients
- Lead the delivery of strategic advisory engagements billable to target clients and expand those engagements to include PwC competencies and grow the revenue potential of those engagements
- Support the delivery teams through project oversight, SMS advice and guidance, supporting client interaction and ensuring the delivery teams are enabled to deliver with confidence and manage client relationships as you move on to the next opportunity
- Establish, develop, strengthen and maintain relationships with people at all levels in the Agriculture, Food & Sustainability market (across Business, Ministries, Agencies, Regulators and Regulated Entities) and use these relationships to build PwC's brand and value proposition to target clients and in the market
- Work within PwC to develop thought leadership and points of view for internal and external use in order to shape market demand for services
- Distribute relevant thought leadership to the team and network with the wider firm to gather Middle East and Global market insights, strengthen relationships, build your network of PwC expertise
- Support knowledge management by working with competencies to keep the industry citation database up to date
- Network with business partners in the market to support the creation of value for clients through partnerships and joint business relationships
What you'll bring to this role
- A demonstrated ability in growing and managing diverse teams that deliver high quality work
- Worked in a professional services environment/can bring consulting experience
- Extensive experience in a high profile relationship development and project delivery in the Agriculture, Food Business, or Environmental space.
- Proven ability at meeting sales targets & providing excellent client service delivery experience
- Highly capable in responding to RFPs and proposal writing, ideally for a professional services firm
- Exceptional commitment to providing excellent client service, by building and maintaining productive relationships with both internal and external clients
- Confident to negotiate and influence effectively, with an ability to challenge in a constructive manner
- Excellent organizational skills, having the ability to prioritize workload whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines
- Ability to lead and contribute to team success
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, including experience presenting in a business context
- An interest in upskilling for a digital world and technology trends especially Agritech and an openness to learning new tools and using them on client engagements
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we’ve set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We’re a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We’re striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we’re proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone’s uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.