Job description / Role
We currently are seeking a highly motivated Director - Supply Chain & Operations to lead client engagement teams, work with a wide variety of clients to deliver professional services, and participate in business development activities on strategic and global priority accounts. Our Supply Chain & Operations team members provide insights into supply chain transformation covering Planning, Procurement, Operations and Logistics and often integrating with other competencies (Finance, IT, etc.) to deliver end to end solutions to clients. This team focuses on helping clients run their supply chains effectively in order to improve their business performance
Your key responsibilities
- As a Director your key role will be to lead large transformational client engagements as well as internal projects.
- Drawing on your knowledge, skills and experience, you will establish valued relationships with external clients at the ''C'' level.
- You will lead large global and regional bids, proposals and thought leadership.
- You will lead teams at our clients, supporting them with improving their business performance.
- You will be responsible for presenting executive summary findings to enact change.
- You will manage multiple EY colleagues across levels and client team members.
- You will review other's work to ensure it is of a high quality.
- You will mentor others as they progress in their own career.
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have
- Approximately 12+ years of work experience in supply chain and operations (across the different areas of technology transformation, business transformation, operations and business services etc.) with a proven record of transformational experience to achieve positive outcomes and change in the organization
- Clear experience and track record of leading successful transformation in areas of supply chain like logistics, procurement, asset management, and/or planning
- Digital Supply Chain and Operations experience and skillset
- Prior Senior Manager or Director experience in consulting
- Proven track record of business development activities in the government sector/and or energy sector with either logistics or procurement experience
- A bachelor's degree with the emphasis on Engineering, Business, Supply Chain or Logistics with strong academic records
- Experience managing staff on multiple projects and providing direction to team members
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Ideally, you'll also have
- SAP experience in various areas
- Ariba experience
- Arabic speaking and reading
- A master's degree with emphasis in Engineering, Business, Supply Chain or Logistics with strong academic records
- Certifications in Planning, Procurement, Logistics or Manufacturing or other areas of Supply Chain
- Willingness to travel across the region
What we look for
Alongside your comprehensive and proven technical expertise you will also be a born leader with a passion for:
- Developing people through effectively supervising, coaching, and mentoring all levels of staff
- Conducting performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for all levels of staff
- Contributing to our people initiatives that include recruiting and retaining our professionals
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your performance and recognised for the value you bring to the business. We also offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, strategy, transaction and consulting services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality)
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region