Job description / Role
Faithful+Gould are seeking to expand the cost management team based in the UAE. This position can be based from either the Dubai or Abu Dhabi office overseeing and supporting rail / metro projects regionally.
• Preparation and delivery of estimates, cost plans, Bills of Quantities, pre-tender estimates and post contract QS administration
• Contract interpretation and advice/action
• Client and stakeholder management
• Executive level reporting
• Internal programme management
• Managing and assisting technical teams to prepare task orders/work packages
• Project/Client specific Change Management
• Reporting on project performance
• Leveraging project commercial performance – revenues and costs
• Ensure time charge hours properly captured and invoiced on time
SNC Lavalin’s Faithful+Gould business is one of the world’s leading integrated project and programme management consultancies, with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximize our clients’ interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include - Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focused our digital transformation around platform modernization and product development and through standardization and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting – and then developing – brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It’s precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart. Acquired by SNC Lavalin in 2017, we also have an extensive depth of geographic exposure across 50 countries and the breadth of 53,000 experts. As one of the largest engineering contractors, we have access to 17,000 staff in the Middle East making us one of the largest multidisciplinary consultancies in the region.
• In-depth knowledge and experience in cost management and contract administration on rail projects
• Good contract, commercial and financial understanding, 10 years post qualification experience
• Excellent written English for preparation of task orders, contract letters and communications
• Good communication skills to work with the design teams and obtain the required information
• Understanding of standard methods of measurement
• Good attention to detail and ability to review estimates, cost plans and bills of quantities prior to issue
• Client facing role at both pre- and post-contract stages.
• Professional Membership – MRICS preferred but not essential
• Knowledge of FIDIC contracts.
• Past 4-5 years Middle East experience preferable
• GCC experience would be a differentiator but is not essential
• Degree in Quantity Surveying or similar from recognized University preferred
• Strong contractual, commercial and financial knowledge
• Min 15 years pre and post-contract relevant capacity in contracts and commercial management
• Must have consultant and/or client background for minimum of 5 years on Rail projects
• Ability to manage multiple projects
• Good communication skills
• Politically aware
• Team player, team leader.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Quantity Surveying or similar
Rewards and Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
• A competitive tax-free salary
• Accommodation allowance
• Transportation allowance
• 22 days annual leave (based on a 5-day working week)
• Medical and life insurance cover
• Company gratuity scheme
• Discretionary bonus scheme
• Annual flight allowance to point of origin
• Employee Assistance Program – 24-hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).