Job description / Role
Our client is an Abu Dhabi based energy giant who are looking to hire an experienced corporate development professional - the candidate will have a prior track record in transacting (acquisition/ divestment) and asset managing energy assets globally.
The client is an Energy company in Abu Dhabi with a multibillion-dollar global energy portfolio.
The role presents the opportunity to join one of the largest energy businesses in the Middle East.
The Director will be responsible for corporate development i.e. investments/ divestments and financial / strategic portfolio management of energy assets globally.
Responsibilities range from: overseeing the functionality of the plant assets, ensuring efficiency of the assets from a financial perspective, and originating opportunities to invest capital into energy assets globally (with select geographical focus).
In addition to the below key requirements, the ideal candidate will also (space limitation in the candidate section):
* Have experience transacting & managing portfolios across a diverse geography (e.g. North America, Africa, Middle East, Europe, Asia), and ideally diverse energy assets in a generation capacity (e.g. gas/ electric/ wind/ solar/ etc.)
* Be able & willing to relocate to Abu Dhabi (client will cover associated costs as per their policy)
* Have strong stakeholder management skills - internal & external
* Have exceptional communication skills; Arabic is a preference but not mandatory
Excellent tax-free compensation, exposure, growth.
* Will have 10-15 years' experience in corporate development - this experience can be a combination of investment banking / project finance/ private equity plus experience in a buy-side capacity at an energy business; we cannot consider candidates with only investment banking/ project finance experience
* Will have strong financial acumen & experience in the energy sector - we cannot consider candidates from entirely unrelated sectors (e.g. healthcare/ pharma/ consumer) but may be able to consider talent from the larger utilities sector (e.g. water/ sewage)
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Head of Oil & Gas Business
A Group of Companies in the Gulf Region
|Abu Dhabi||21 Oct|
Chief Risk Officer/ Head of ERM
Business Development Director
CMEC Middle East FZE