Job description / Role
The candidate will be a member of the Senior Management Team and an ex official member of Faculty Council with responsibility for directing the administrative and support services of the CMHS and ensuring that the delivery of these services is aligned to the core activities of Teaching, Research and
Clinical Care. He will advise on all administrative and support matters and ensure compliance with the relevant Federal Laws, University Bylaws and requirements of the State Audit Institution. He will act as the direct line manager for all staff in the departments shown on the endorsed Organization Chart and control the HR function for all faculty and staff.
- Direct the preparation and submission of the Annual CMHS Operating Budget.
- Ensure that the appropriate accounting and budgetary systems are in place and CMHS operates within the financial powers delegated to it by the University
- Prepare, implement and monitor systems for the recruitment, retention and induction of faculty and staff.
- Ensure that the appropriate HR systems are in place and personal records are maintained for faculty and staff.
- Ensure that the appropriate systems are in place for the ordering and receiving of goods and supplies.
- Ensure that all tenders and contracts are processed in accordance with the University Bylaws and statutory regulations.
- Ensure that systems are in place to ensure the efficient office administration of the CMHS.
- Ensure that a stock of appropriate housing is maintained for faculty and staff.
- Ensure that the grounds, building, fabric, plant and equipment of the CMHS are maintained to the appropriate standards.
- Ensure the necessary systems are in place relating to health, safety and security.
Other duties as assigned by the Dean.
- University Postgraduate Degree in a 'Business' related subject
- Professional Qualification in a relevant discipline
- Preferably with experience in Academic/Medical Environment
- Not less than 10 Year's experience in senior management positions to include:
- Administration, HR, Finance and Budget
- Experience must include acting as direct line manager for staff
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in English and knowledge of Arabic is an advantage
- Strategic Planning
- High Level of Interpersonal and Communication skills.
- Computer proficiency, well versed in computerized HR and Finance systems
- Ability to handle work pressure successfully
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.