Job description / Role
The role will lead the build out of a global internal audit function for a leading financial services business. Candidates will need to come from the financial services industry - preferably FX trading/ markets, with a secondary preference for insurance/ reinsurance, banks, private equity, asset management, hedge funds, brokerage, investment holding companies.
The client is a global business with corporate headquarters in Dubai; the business has seen strong growth in recent history and is on track to deliver on an internal audit function to their board.
The role is responsible for setting up the internal audit function across the Group & embedding a successful international (internal) audit culture & practice. This includes establishing an internal risk-based control framework across several international locations and jurisdictions, whilst coordinating & liaising principally with the Board Audit Committee, the Executive Management and all relevant external bodies. A more detailed job description is available for shortlisted candidates; please see the core candidate requirements below to be considered for the role.
* Excellent exposure, culture
* Ability to make a difference
* Ability to build out Internal Audit as a function
* A total of 12-15 years' of total experience which will have ideally started in Audit at the Big Four, and then transitioned into Internal Audit in Industry
* The above experience will be preferably in preferably an FX trading/ markets industry, and secondarily within a business such as insurance/ reinsurance, banking, private equity, asset management, a hedge fund, brokerage, or an investment holding company. Candidates without "Financial Services" experience cannot be considered.
* A Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) qualification, or equivalent
* Bachelors degree (or higher) from a top tier University; further education & professional qualifications are a plus
* Experience working in a multi-jurisdiction/ global role is hugely advantageous
* Experience in directly managing the board audit committee & chairman is hugely advantageous
* Experience leading the build out of an internal audit function is hugely advantageous
* The candidate must have credible experience and therefore the ability to positively influence stakeholders, internally & externally
* The candidate must be extremely hands-on with strong attention to detail
* The candidate will have strong communication skills - verbal, written and non-verbal
* The candidate will have strong presentation skills
* The candidate will be driven, self-motivated and agile
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Deputy Head - Internal Audit
Group Director of Internal Audit
Senior Manager - Internal Audit
|Abu Dhabi||23 Jun|
Sr. Internal Auditor
A Leading Group In UAE