Job description / Role
• Lead and manage the function’s resources and strategies and ensure that these are executed efficiently, accurately and in a timely manner.
• Delegate and monitor the function’s goals, objectives, and activities.
• Set up policies and procedures for the Department (SOPs, SLAs, KPIs).
• Evaluate and prepare reports on the overall department performance for management.
• Perform periodic performance appraisals of staff under his / her supervision and develop their performance to ensure they are utilized effectively in compliance with the company’s policies and procedures.
• Advise Executive Management on the progress of all work under his / her control.
• In charge of organization’s Finance, Accounts and Investment functions, operations and efficiencies.
• Draft and recommend the organization’s Finance, Accounting and Investment strategy, to optimise the company’s financial performance and strategic position.
• Contribute fully to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers.
• Assess and report business growth using qualitative and quantitative analysis.
• Ensure that company financial systems are robust, compliant, updated and support current activities and future growth.
• Take ultimate responsibility for the company cash management policies and ensure the corporate budgeting processes are carried out and reviewed.
• Plan, direct, coordinate, technically advise and lead activities to ensure department’s analysis goals, objectives and outcomes are accomplished within Time, Budget and Quality parameters.
• Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with external parties including banks, financial institutions, service providers, consultants and advisors at local, regional, and/or national level.
• Manage risks, workload, dependencies, and priorities and adjust resource allocation accordingly.
• Recognize and provide judgment on potential issues and related risks, provide guidance and solutions and evaluate effectiveness.
• Corporate finance: manage company policies regarding capital requirements, debt, taxation, equity, disposals and acquisitions, as appropriate and ensure the regulatory requirements of all statuary bodies are met.
• Lead the project finance functions, ensuring efficient project knowledge, quality and documentation are practiced while applying the necessary policy requirements and control measures.
• In charge of monthly, quarterly, yearly closing and reporting.
• Present annual accounts and financials to Executive Management (Board).
Minimum Qualifications / Experience:
• A master’s degree holder in a relevant discipline or holder of an equivalent qualification from a recognized Institute.
• 15+ Years of expertise in corporate and project finance, treasury, portfolio management, accounting, controlling, advisory and internal controls; at least 8 years of which in a senior management role within a multi-national organization where he/she handled multiple projects and developed relevant business opportunities.
• Must meet the requirement for a commercially astute, articulate, technically strong, dynamic, insightful and influential leader with the ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels.
• Strong IT skills, always being ahead of new technologies.
• Project management experience at Corporate Level.
• A qualified member of an accountancy body such as ACCA, CPA, ACA or CFA.
• Must be able to travel
• Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision-making.
• High integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance.
• Energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success.
About the Company
A leading property developer company in UAE
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies