Job description / Role
DPR1963 - Director - Finance
Dubai Parks and Resorts comprises of three theme parks – MOTIONGATE™ Dubai, BOLLYWOOD PARKS™ Dubai, and LEGOLAND® Dubai and one water park – LEGOLAND® Water Park – connected by Riverland™ Dubai – a retail, dining and entertainment walkway. The destination will also feature the Lapita™ Hotel, a Polynesian-themed resort catering to families.
Don’t just visit – be a part of it! Join a talented and creative team to deliver unforgettable experiences for people from across the globe. Share your expertise, skills and passion with us, and be part of something everyone will be talking about for years to come.
Play Your Part
• Overall responsibility of the Finance function of DPR Corporate & Park
• Development of financial and control policies and procedures for the Park during the pre-opening phase.
• Ensure Park system of accounts and records are properly maintained and comply with statutory requirements.
• Protection for Park assets through internal controls, auditing and maintenance of proper insurance coverage.
• Management of third-party contracts (IP Holders, external operators etc)
• Management of credit facilities (including letters of credit), financial covenant monitoring reporting where required (in conjunction with DPR Group Finance).
• Coordination with Procurement and Legal teams to provide any financial input that could be required.
• Preparation and consolidation of Annual Business Plan, including department budgets and financial KPIs in close coordination with individual department heads.
• Regular tracking of budget as per business requirements with detailed and itemised variance analysis and per cap analysis
• Cash flow re-forecasting on a monthly basis
• Provide detailed input for comparative analysis with other parks within the destination.
• Feasibility studies for new opportunities (new capex)
• Provide recommendations for strategic business decisions to improve operations and increase profitability
Are You a Star?
• A master’s degree in accounting, business, or closely related field (or equivalent education and experience) is required.
• Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA)
• At least 10 years of experience in Accounting & Finance, at least 5 years of which should be in a supervisory role
• Proficiency with Business Intelligence tools such as Hyperion (Oracle)
• Experience within a Theme Park finance function or experience from retail/FMCG or food and beverage related business
The Best Part of The Story
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; housing allowance, annual flight allowance, comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances.
We also care about your career development supported by Learning opportunities for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.
About the Company
Dubai Parks and Resorts offers new heights in experiential entertainment through an inspired concept that brings the best of the east and the west in the entertainment industry. Conceived and developed by Meraas Holding, Dubai Parks and Resorts articulates the Dubai leadership’s vision of positioning the emirate as a compelling global tourist destination.
The first phase of Dubai Parks and Resorts will comprise three theme parks: motiongate™ Dubai, Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, and LEGOLAND® Dubai. The development will also feature Riverland - a grand entrance plaza and Lapita, a family themed hotel. The first phase is scheduled for completion in 2016. Ground work commenced on site in February 2014