Job description / Role
Working for the one of the fastest growing FinTech’s globally, who are well capitalized and backed by some of the best known venture and financial services players globally.
In this role you will oversee, manage, and scale the fraud, AML and compliance functions, processes and policies. You will be responsible for developing, implementing and growing internal compliance systems and programs, while proactively assessing any potential compliance risks that the company may be exposed to. This will also be an opportunity for you to form a team of compliance professionals, serving as a leader, to help manage pressing tasks such as managing relationships with vendors, streamlining processes, and handling regulatory exams and audits. You will be working closely with the CEO, to whom you shall report, serving as a strategic partner and advisor, and therefore being a very integral part of the firm. If you enjoy working in fast-paced environments that make full use of your experience and skill, being in close contact with the senior leadership and steering the company through any problems that may arise, we would love to hear from you!
• Provide comprehensive oversight and ownership of company’s compliance program
• Implement, develop, and grow internal compliance procedures, infrastructure, and controls, including AML/KYC/KYB/CIP, fraud and banking operations compliance programs.
• Analyze organizational structure and vendor relationships to increase company efficiencies and proactively identify regulatory risks and compliance concerns to pave the way for rapid growth.
• Manage all corporate compliance, such as global, state and federal regulatory exams and audits.
• Manage investor due diligence reviews.
• Coach, develop, and grow a team of compliance professionals.
• This role will report to the CEO and serve as a strategic partner and trusted advisor to the business.
• Experience and knowledge of emerging technologies such as self-sovereign ID/ KYC, blockchain based ID / KYC and digital currency trends and banking.
• Experience in running compliance programs globally for a payment’s platform.
• Adept at managing compliance audits and regulators.
• Adept at building policies and procedures.
• Law Degree.
• 5+ years’ experience in a similar role.
• Required FS and startup experience.
• Multi-jurisdiction experience is a plus.
• Experience in working with regulators and risk mitigation.
• A proven ability to execute - and not just plan.
• Experience in working with financial firms and transactions.
About the Company
MENA Recruit is a boutique Executive Search and Recruitment firm focused on meeting recruitment needs from Business Services through to Partner and General Counsel level within the legal sector. This extends to in-house and private practice in multiple industries covering the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Oman, Kuwait and Egypt along with a select group of tier one international firms in Australia.
With over 20 years’ recruitment experience in London and Dubai, we have developed strong international ties in the UK, USA and APAC and have an extensive local Middle East network to draw from. We are committed to providing a bespoke service to clients and candidates.
Compliance Officer / MLRO / Risk Officer
Risk & Compliance Manager (Fintech)
|Abu Dhabi||13 Sep|
Compliance Team Leader
SFM Corporate Services